Monday, February 26, 2018

VALENTINE'S DAY | 2018

Back tracking a little here, but we celebrated Valentine's Day the weekend before the 14th, and I am so glad we did. Fighting crowds and going downtown on a work night is not our ideal kind of date, ha!

Matthew planned Valentine's last year so it was my turn this year. I made reservations at The Old Spaghetti Factory downtown for dinner. Sadly, the service and food weren't as good as we were hoping for, but it was still a fun night out!


I saw a cotton candy limeade on the menu and was intrigued so I ordered it, and it literally came out with a puff of cotton candy on the straw! Definitely worth it.

It was a messy and rainy night, so instead of going to see a movie we went home and changed into comfy clothes and watched Parenthood. We're so predictable ;)

Valentine's Day landed on a Wednesday this year, so I decided to make one of The Pioneer Woman's 20 minute recipe, Bowtie Chicken Alfredo. It is one of our favorites for a quick meal!


aaaand then around 9:30 I woke up to Matthew standing over me taking a Snapchat lol. #noshame I was exhausted and could hardly keep my eyes open after 9:00pm.


Very low key Valentine's Day this year, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
 I am so lucky to have my sweet husband and adorable puppy!

3 comments:

  1. I love that y'all take turns planning Valentine's Day dates! Sorry the food at the restaurant wasn't very good but your dinner looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had bad luck at The Spaghetti Factory here, too! Nights out are always so nice, though, because the company makes it worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's quite okay to keep it simple and low-key. That alfredo looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!