- Celebrated 5 years of dating (at the end of May, didn't blog about it until June)!
- Went on a mission trip with the SOC. My last trip with the SOC. Emotions were on overload that weekend.
- Celebrated two other sweet bridal showers. Sadly I didn't blog about either of them.
- Spent SO many nights crafting for our wedding.
From making signs to sanding and staining my grandfather's old tables it was so much fun. I loved how everything came together for our big day!
- Started my new job!!
- Pretty much moved back home the month before the wedding. Enjoyed that month so much with my family!
- Hosted a bridal dinner for my most of my bridesmaids, not all of them could make it to town that weekend, but it was still fun!
I didn't blog at all until the end of this month, probably because it was OUR WEDDING MONTH.
- Went on a day trip with my family to Rock City in Chattanoga, Tennessee.
- Celebrated our 6th July 4th together.
- My sister and best friends threw me a bachelorette party...all weekend long. SO much fun!
- Got our marriage certificate and counted down the days until our wedding!!!
- GOT MARRIED
- Went on our honeymoon to Mexico! Blogged all about it here!
- Introduced myself to the blogging world as a married woman! ;)
- Explained about my new job and caught up on life!
- Wrote my Vol 1 of The Marriage Diaries
- Made "The Ultimate Compromise" with Matthew.
- Spent Labor Day weekend giving our dining room table a makeover.
- Shared some things I love about marriage.
- Hosted our first event at our place, game + taco night!
- Started sharing about our wedding with a our getting ready pictures.
- Shared the first looks from our wedding day.
- Wrote Vol 2 of The Marriage Diaries.
- Shared our Bride and Groom pictures.
- Shared our bridal party pictures.
- After 3 months of living together I shared our updated apartment tour. It was decorated for fall at the time.
- Stood by my best friend as matron of honor as she got married! We celebrated ALL weekend long in the rain!
- My BIL got married on a beautiful Saturday afternoon at Fall Creek Falls!
- My blog got a makeover and NEW NAME! Life As The Coats :)
- Wrote Vol 3 of The Marriage Diaries and celebrated being married 100 days!
- Spent a weekend away in Gatlinburg together. Our first "real" vacation as a married couple other than our honeymoon! We saw a lot of wildlife this weekend, too! From bears to puppies it was an interesting trip!
- We hosted out first annual Friendsgiving and had a BLAST!
- Celebrated our first married Thanksgiving.
- Decorated for Christmas and had our first annual Cozy Christmas Saturday. #BestSaturdayOfTheYear
- Shared our first Christmas cards.
- Shared our Christmas pictures.
- Wrote Vol 4 & 5 of The Marriage Diaries
- Celebrated one year of being engaged!
- Celebrated our first married Christmas and loved every second of it.
And here we are, at the end. We'll celebrate the end of our "wedding year" tonight and I just have so many emotions as 2015 comes to a close. I'm truly having a hard time believing that this year is almost over. I remember exact moments at the end of last year thinking about what a big year 2015 would be for us. I remember when midnight hit on NYE and I shared a kiss with my fiance, knowing that in just a matter of months we'd be sharing a kiss as husband and wife.
It kind of blows my mind that we actually got married. He got down on one knee, we planned a wedding, and it happened. IT HAPPENED. And we've been married almost 6 months. It all happened so fast, but we enjoyed every second while it was happening!
And just for fun, because who knows what will be popular on Instagram/social media this time next year lol. Here is my #2015bestnine. Seems about right, since it was our wedding year and all ;)
My heart is so full looking back on a year that I will always remember as one of the greatest.
2015, you were so sweet.