Thursday, January 22, 2015

Our 1st place!!

**Note: I wrote this post on Monday but blogger for some reason wouldn't let me upload pictures and I finally figured a way around it TODAY. I have been dying to share this with y'all!
This past weekend was very busy!
Friday night we went to a Preds game with Matthew's parents. We stopped at one of their favorite Mexican places in Nashville and filled up on yummy Mexican greatness before heading to the game.
It was a really good game and was pretty close until the end and the Preds came back and scored back to back and we won! 
   
Saturday Matthew and I went to my sister's basketball game. They won and were really excited. It's so great watching them play basketball in the same exact gym I played basketball in for three years.


 As soon as their game was over Matthew and I headed to the Mt. Juliet/Nashville area to look at different apartments. After the first apartment tour we were already starving, so we stopped at Red Robin (YUMMM) in Mt.Juliet for lunch! I got just the basic cheeseburger with a side salad instead of fries. Did y'all know there isn't any extra charges for that AND it's bottomless like the fries?? I had no idea, but got really excited when I saw that. I just had one side salad though, even their basic cheeseburgers are big in my opinion.
We spent all day looking and touring apartments. Apartment shopping is pretty exhausting!! I can't imagine what it's going to be like when we buy or build our first house, ha!
We ended up looking at about 7 or 8, I honestly lost track because we went to so many.
 
The second to last one we looked at ended up being the one. As we were riding around on the golf cart with the leasing manager looking at the property, and then actually seeing the inside of the apartment. I just knew, and Matthew just knew the look on my face. Matthew said I looked like a child on Christmas morning LOL. It seriously went above and beyond all the things we wanted. The main thing for me besides the price was safety. Would I feel comfortable staying there by myself, in the case Matthew will have to travel for work (which will only be a 2-3 weeks or so out of the year.) but still I wanted us to be safe regardless. We knew from the beginning we were more than likely going to have to spend more to stay safe or live in a safe area in Nashville. Here are some pictures of the model apartment we looked at.
This is the view from the door looking into the living room and dining area.

This is also in the living room. Y'all, that fireplace. I die. 
  
The hallway. The laundry room is the first door on the left and then the bathroom is the next. With the bedroom at the end of the hallway. The laundry room is a pretty good size!!

The dining area. I am in LOVE with the big double windows. I am all about some natural light coming in.
The kitchen!!

 I like that it is an open area with the dining room but we have that wall in between the kitchen and living room.
Here is the bedroom! It also has to big double windows. It's pretty big compared to some apartments we looked at. The leasing manager told us it can fit a king size bed in there. The living room and the bedroom will BOTH have ceiling fans in them, so excited!

The closet! It is a pretty good size one!

 The bathroom! I am definitely liking that little bit of extra counter space on the left!

And here is our little patio! 
That door is a storage closet
As soon as we got in the car and left the apartment Matthew looked at me and said "That's the one, isn't it?" I just grinned and nodded my head because I was so excited/emotional. How in the world did we get to this point?? I feel like yesterday I was picking out his boutonniere for senior prom and now we are looking for our FIRST PLACE TOGETHER. This is so crazy to me, but so so fun.
We went back the next day after church and signed the papers!! Matthew will move in next month and I will move in after we get married in July!!

I still just can't believe we found a place already!!
They have some pretty great amenities, too!

They have three pools total. Here are two of them.

Their fitness center is incredible!
They have a weight room with all kinds of different machines and free weights.
They also have a room with treadmills, ellipticals and other cardio machines.
If you look out the window that is the third pool.

And probably the coolest part of the fitness center...
  They have a small room where a projector screen comes down and you can pick any type of workout video that they have that you want to do. I will be doing lots of spin classes for sure!

 They also have an indoor racquetball court. Matthew LOVES racquetball and so does his brothers, so when they come to visit, we know where they will go lol.

They have a quarter mile walking trail that is well lit at night. I am SO excited about this!! On nice days there is nothing better than getting outside and going on a walk to get some fresh air. 

They also have a sand volleyball court, self car wash, small laundry center, and dog park!

We are SO stinkin' excited and quite relieved it didn't take us weeks to find something.
We will be on the third floor, which as crazy as it sounds, is exactly what we wanted! The third floor apartments only have one shared wall so we are pretty thankful for that. 

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow your new place is incredible! The apartment is huge, you've got pools & a fitness center... you're so blessed to have found such an amazing first apartment! It must be so exciting to know that you'll be living together there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! It looks GORGEOUS! What a perfect place for you guys to start your married life together!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It looks amazing. Can't wait to see how you decorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only does that apartment look amazing, but the complex sounds too good to be true!! Three pools AND that fitness center?! I think I need to move to Nashville...;) This is such a special time for you and Matthew---so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly! That's incredible! I think I need to move to Nashville! We'd never be able to afford anything that nice near Philly/NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky! I'm not surprised at how thrilled you guys are. The apartment looks breathtaking. It has a lot of character, and the complex it is standing on looks amazing. I'm sure you and Matthew will enjoy your new home. Thanks for sharing that, Shelby! All the best! :)

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!