Tuesday, January 6, 2015

NYE and BRIDAL SHOW!

I had to work on New Year's Eve so when I got off I went straight back to Murfreesboro. I went to Matthew's house and hung out with them for a little bit before we all headed to church. After church I went to my house and Matthew watched the State game with his family. He ended up coming over after the game. I spent New Year's Eve in my comfy clothes and even dozed off on the couch before Matthew got there. My mom had made a bunch of snack foods and I of course didn't hold back ;)
I watched my family play different card games and then we watched the ball drop and had sparkling grape juice....that stuff really is good! Matthew left around 1 and I went to bed pretty quickly after that. I was just exhausted!!
I did remember to snap a quick picture of us though!
 
Sunday I went to my first bridal show!! I have heard and read about the Pink Bridal show for years now and I was always excited to go when I got engaged. We bought tickets to it a week before and were ready to go Sunday after church! My mom and sister went, as well as my two best friends and their moms. SO MUCH FUN! From the ride down there, looking at everything, trying a TON of cake samples, making pictures, to the ride home it was a good time for everyone.
 
 
 
 
 




My best friend who is getting married in October asked us to be her maid of honor!!
I'm not really sure if any of us found something we were going to use (photographer, venue, etc.) but it was definitely worth going to! I am so glad I got to experience it with all of them and our moms. This is all SO exciting.

5 comments:

  1. Woo! Congrats! I am getting married this October and will be engaged for two years by then, so I've been to my fair share of bridal shows :) The cake samples are worth it EVERY TIME. Excited to follow your planning process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one thing I never did when we were engaged, which was alright with me because we wanted our day to be pretty simple but I'm sure it was a blast to see everything and get a ton of free samples!!!! ;) isn't this all so exciting??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I can already tell I'm going to love following your wedding planning. I am SO looking forward to the day I get engaged, because I too have been eyeing all the bridal show fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally regret not going to a bridal show! It looks like a BLAST :) Can't wait to seriously see/hear everything you guys decide on!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!