Thursday, August 1, 2013

DIY Tiffany & Co. boxes

Back a few months ago we threw my younger sister a surprise 16th birthday party and it was a a 
Tiffany & Co themed party. I absolutely LOVED planning and helping decorate for the party and I was so pleased with how everything turned out. 
One of my favorite things that I made were Tiffany boxes.
Stay Crafty My Friends
They were actually really easy to make and it didn't take too long.
Here is what you will need:
Paper mache boxes (can be found at Hobby Lobby)
Paint (I used Bahama Blue)
White satin ribbon
Scissors 
Double sided tape
These are what paper mache boxes look like, I walked around Hobby Lobby one day for a good hour trying to find them on my own, then I asked someone and they took me right to them. Should have just asked. So in case you were wondering THAT is what they look like.


This is also the exact shade of blue that I got, it is the closest to the shade of Tiffany blue and I think it was
 P E R F E C T

All I did was paint the boxes blue, it took two coats but that covered everything perfectly.
 After it dried I used the double sided tape to stick the satin ribbon to the box, I thought about using hot glue but then you would see it though the ribbon so double sided tape it was. 
My mom made bows and then I got glued them on top of the box.
and that's all! 

SO EASY
&
SO CUTE

Tiffany & Co. DIY boxes

And here they are on the table, I just sat them off to the side and used them as a back prop.
 I ended up loving the table set up!
Tiffany & Co, DIY boxes
So there ya have it Tiffany & Co. DIY boxes!!

19 comments:

  1. Love Tiffany blue. You did a good job matching it. Looks like a beautiful party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Hanna. I'm cohosting the Aloha Friday hop this month and just stopping by to say hi and follow your blog :)

    www.violetlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I wish my friends and I did nifty things like this. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the Friday Fun Blog Hop! Love your blog, so many fun ideas :)
    -Kayla & Kenzie from Orchardgirls.blogspot.com
    *New followers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Someday I hope to get a real turquoise box! Found you through the blog hop :)

    Rachel from Brachel Boulevard (co-host)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! New follower via Fun Friday!

    I love these boxes and what a pretty table scape! TFS!

    I invite you to join me at www.pjstreasures.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ~Pam~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this craft idea.. one because it's Tiffany's, and two, the Tiffany Blue is one of my favorite colors..

    I found your blog from the blog hop- newest follower!
    I'm also following you on Instagram too!!

    -Mikell
    thegordongoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative?! Love the Tiffany & Co. theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I'm definitely going to be doing this around Christmas under the tree. Thanks for sharing. I'm stopping by from the bloghop & I'm a new follower through Pinterest & Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That party looks so cute! I love the color, Tiffany Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so cute and I love the idea of a Tiffany & co. theme for a party! Those lollipop trees are also adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE these! I should wrap everyone's Christmas gifts like this. Pinning it!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You did a great job Shelby! They are so beautiful and I like the colours you used. Thanks for becoming a Follower of my blog and sharing this awesome post on the Creative Monday Blog Hop. I am now following you in several ways. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, having read this awesome written piece I’m also pleased to fairly share my familiarity here with colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi to everybody, here everyone is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to see this site, and I used to visit this blog daily.
    Lend A Box LLC

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg i just made one and it's just perfect!!!! the color and everything!!! I'm in love

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read your blogs regularly. Your humoristic way is amusing, continue the good work!http://lendabox.com/moving-equipment/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!