Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Potato Boat

Way back when I was a little girl my mom used to make this small, very easy meal. 
3 ingredients and some love is all it takes to make it.
You will probably gag when I tell you the ingredients but can I just say, I love this small meal!!!!
When I told my roommate what was in it I really did think she was going to throw up.
Are you ready for the it?
Ingredients:
Mashed potatoes
Cheese
&
Hot dogs
Are you gagging?
Are you going to make this right now? 
You are probably gagging and that's okay but you can't knock it until you try it.
Now let me tell you how to make it, it's actually really easy in case you were wondering ;)
Step 1: Make your mashed potatoes
Step 2: Melt cheese in the mashed potatoes
Step 3: Cut up hot dogs into small pieces not too small though
Step 4: Fry the hot dog pieces in a skillet
Step 5: Mix it all together
Step 6: //E N J O Y//
The name....like I told you earlier my mom made this for me when I was younger and one day she was making it and I was watching her make it and I asked her what it was called and she didn't have a name for it she just always made it, so she asked me what I wanted to name it and being the crazy little I was I said "potato boat" and there ya have it...potato boat.
I am sharing this with you because I recently made it. My first week after I moved out I went to the grocery store to get some stuff to make dinner and I saw they had a sale on hot dogs, 2 packs for $3 so I got 2 packs because I thought it would be easy dinners for when I didn't want to cook. Well do you know any girl that can put away two packs of hot dogs before they out date?!! Definitely not this girl, I'm not really sure what I was thinking. So that is one way to get rid of a lot of hot dog at one time, ha!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't gag! However I was so surprised by the hotdog. Thinking about it though, its genius. That combo is would be delicious!

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!