Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Sweetest Day: First Looks

Matthew and I decided not to do a first look and I am so glad. I was on the fence about it most of our engagement but we both decided that we wanted to see each other for the first time when those beautiful double doors opened up and walked down the aisle to him. We both love our decision and are so thankful for it.

I decided to do a first look with my girls and my dad. My sister and best friend, Sarah, are the only bridesmaids that saw me in my dress before our wedding day, but my hair wasn't fixed or anything. After my girls got their dresses on we sent them all out in the hallway while I slipped into mine and my mom started the long process of buttoning up my dress. There were so many buttons, but I loved them.



And then we told the girls to come in, and that's when it hit me. I was in MY wedding dress on OUR wedding day with all my favorite girls. And all the tears started rolling, and rolling, and rolling....



And then we all started laughing because we were crying and touched up our makeup, ha!



and then it came time to do the first look with my dad. I didn't let him see my dress or any pictures of it the whole time we were engaged and that was almost as hard as keeping it from Matthew!! Daddy had no idea what it even looked like. It was so, so sweet.

 and cue the tears, again!




Daddy loved my dress and said he couldn't imagine me in any other dress. BLESS HIS HEART. I can't even look at these pictures without crying. I am a daddy's girl through and through, so this was such a special moment and I will forever be thankful we had a first look. 

Bride's, even if you are doing a first look with your soon-to-be husband, do one with your dad. You will NOT regret it! 

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are so sweet! What a nice moment and memory for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw these pictures are precious! We did a 1st touch and I did a first look with my dad. I thought I'd be alright but ended up crying when I saw my dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I love the first looks you did do! Such special memories!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!