Thursday, September 17, 2015

Friendsgiving


Lord willing, we will be making #11 off of our Fall bucket list on November 14th! I know it's only the middle of September and November and Thanksgiving are still a little far off, but the other day Matthew and I decided to host Friendsgiving! We have been talking about it here and there but finally nailed down a date and time and we are so excited. We absolutely love hosting events and having people over. I had a couple of things at my apartment when I lived with my two college roommates and we had a couple of cookouts at Matthew's apartment, but now we get to host things at OUR place and we love it. We've only hosted one event so far at our apartment since we've been married, our game night, and it was a lot of fun! So we decided to go with Friendsgiving as our next event to host.

My love for PicMonkey had me creating these invitations the other day after we nailed down all the details. We created an event on Facebook and invited everyone to "save the date" but will mail these out closer to time. I can't wait to send these out to our friends!! Have any of y'all ever used PicMonkey? I'm sure you have, but if you haven't go try it out! I love creating things on there. So fun and easy! 


We decided to make it potluck style this year. We are going to handle the turkey, gravy, mac and cheese (My MIL has an amazing recipe we are going to borrow) and drinks. Sides and desserts are up to everyone else! I've been searching Pinterest these past few days for some ideas and have found some really cute ones! It's going to be so much fun, I can't wait!

Have you ever hosted a Friendsgiving or been to one? Anything you would do different or didn't care for if you went to one? We'll take any advice or tips that you have! 

6 comments:

  1. So much fun!! Love the invitations! It's going to be so great hosting your first big event in your shared apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! Look at you two being hostess already! That's one thing I look forward to one day when we have our own place again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I hope you all have a great time :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I get/make these exact invites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, I made them via PicMonkey last year. I'd be happy to help you make these if you need me to. If you have any other questions, please email me at: skelly0911@gmail.com

      Thanks! :)

      Delete

Your comments always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...