Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday Chats

Happy Memorial Day!
I feel as if our preacher at home said it best yesterday morning at church, It is an honor and our responsibility to remember those who have served. I could not agree more!
So thank you to all those who have served our country . Your time, efforts, and sacrifice will never go unnoticed.
As I am typing this I am at home and sitting on our front porch. The rain has just started and I have been watching these two squirrels chase each other off and on for the past two hours. One of my favorite things about being home is waking up earlier than my family and coming downstairs to sit on the front porch by myself. By far the best way to start my day. As dramatic as it sounds, these mornings are coming to an end soon and I am really going to miss them. Don't get me wrong, waking up at our new place with my HUSBAND, after we are married, excites me more than anything, but it won't be the same as waking up at home. The place I lived at for 20 years and the place I have been coming home to almost every weekend since I moved out, two years ago. 
We are 54 days away from our wedding and it still hasn't really hit me that WE are getting married. I'm not really sure why lol it just hasn't. I am watching so many friends get married (we knew 5 people who got married this past weekend) right now and I just keep thinking to myself, "I can't wait until OUR day" but it still feels so far off. I'm sure it will hit me soon, like when my dress finally gets here!!!! Fingers crossed it's this week or next week! I have been so anxious about it.
So much has changed for our wedding, all my "plans" I originally had are almost gone and have been replaced with new ideas. I'm not mad about it, my taste has just changed, as well as being fiscally responsible. I just can't imagine pouring so much money into 1 day. Most of the decorations if not all will be used as decor in our home after the wedding is over. I just can't think about buying stuff for the wedding and then have nothing to do with it after our day is over. So I am working with my aunt to make sure whatever we decorate with at the wedding can be used to decorate our home.
Mine and Matthew's 5 year anniversary is coming up this Friday. I still can't believe it's almost been 5 years. Usually I already have our anniversary planned out and his gift, but this year, to save on money, we are keeping it low key. I think we are going to a Sounds baseball game and grabbing dinner somewhere before, and that is perfectly fine with me! 
Today's plans include, wedding crafting and shopping for my mom a dress for the wedding!
HAPPY MONDAY

1 comment:

  1. Wow 54 days!! It will fly by!! Enjoy these last few months! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!