Tuesday, November 17, 2015

PUMPKIN CANDLE CENTERPIECES

One of my favorite parts about hosting special events is planning and decorating for the event. I'll spend quite a bit of time on Pinterest and blogs looking for ideas and then go from there. I shared yesterday about our Friendsgiving and today I am going to share about the centerpieces I made for it!



What you will need:

- Medium pumpkin
- Knife
- Pencil or Pen
- Pillar Candle
- Trash Bag
- Hot Glue Gun
- Artificial twigs, berries, and leaves (I found mine at Hobby Lobby for 50% off!)

Step 1 | You'll need to snap the stem off before you begin. It usually snaps off pretty easily and leaves a clean area to work with.

Step 2 | Using a pencil or pen trace your candle. Make sure it's in the middle of your pumpkin.

Step 3 | After you traced your candle in desired area you can begin cutting the hole out for your candle to fit!

Step 4 | Remove the pumpkin guts, as I like to call it. Make sure to get as much out as you can so your candle has room to fit.

Step 5 | Place your candles inside of the pumpkin at desired height. I recommend keeping them up pretty high so when you light them later it won't be too close to artificial leaves/floral stems and catch on fire. Learn from my mistake ;)

Step 6 | Start hot gluing artificial twigs, leaves, and berries all around the top. If there is room you can stick some in between the candle and pumpkin and it will hold it's place well.

Step 7 | Put it in the middle of your table for everyone to see!

3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I loooove these centerpieces! I'm throwing a baby shower for my cousin this weekend and have been knee deep in baby decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these!!! A recent wedding we shot last month had the most beautiful, dramatic pumpkin center pieces! They were amazing! Great job, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally thought you bought these!! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!