Wednesday, November 11, 2015

GOALS | NOVEMBER

I almost forgot about my November goals. I still can't believe I am making November goals already!! November and December will be busy months with the holidays. I hope that we are able to relax a little and enjoy our time together and with our families!

Here are October's goals:

- Clean out our closet and get our fall clothes out!
A big ole CHECK!

-Organize our kitchen cabinets
Another big ole CHECK

-Finish dining room chairs
Another big ole CHECK (seriously, it felt so good finishing these!)

-Get our mums from Cookeville and take pictures of all our fall decorations to blog about!
We missed our usual mums in Cookeville, but still got some beautiful mums from my BIL's wedding! 

-Finish Wedding posts...hope y'all aren't tired of them yet ;)
Completely failed on this one.

-Go on a weekend trip (I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!)
We had the best weekend in Gatlinburg! Bears, puppies, good food, and quality time with my husband...could not have asked for a better trip!

-Try some new recipes
We have tried some new recipes! Every recipe that we try that I get from Pinterest I pin it to a new board called, "Pinned it, did it" with my honest review. That way I can go back and find it if I want to make it again! 

-Check some things off of our Fall Bucket List!
We have checked off quite a few things, but have a few more to do!




1.  Host Friendsgiving. It is this Saturday and I am working on centerpieces + making sure we have everything else ready to go. I am so excited, and the weather is looking to be cool, but sunny with no rain...perfect!!!

2.  Create a cleaning schedule and stick to it! I feel with the time change we have literally gone to bed right after we eat dinner. And with that happening our apartment has suffered during the week and we are left with a lot of cleaning on the weekend, which is the exact opposite of what we want to do during our free time. So as we are adjusting to the time change I am hoping we'll get back on track. 

3.  Plan a couple of fun/cheap Christmas date ideas! This will be our first married Christmas together and I want to enjoy every second of this fun time of the year together, and maybe start some of our own traditions! 

4.  Try some new recipes. I have really enjoyed my time in the kitchen since we've been married. I love trying new recipes and using all of our new appliances! So I want to try even more new recipes.

5.  Share with y'all how we meal plan. The way we meal plan might not work for everyone, but if I can help another newlywed wife out I'll do it! I remember searching the internet before we got married to find THE best way to meal plan for us. I wanted to start off our marriage eating at home, to save money and to use our new appliances we had been gifted! I read many blog posts and eventually ended up pulling a little bit from all over to create the way we have been using. The first couple of weeks were kinda bumpy on our meal planning as we were still unpacking my stuff and settling into our routine, but we eventually got into a routine that we really like! 

6.  Finish Christmas shopping. I would love to have all of our Christmas shopping finished by the end of this month, but I don't know if that will happen. So we have given ourselves a deadline of December 12th, to have at least everything ordered! 

7.  Decorate for Christmas! And last but not least, decorate our apartment for Christmas! The Saturday after Thanksgiving we are going to put on comfy, cozy clothes and spend the day decorating for Christmas and watching Christmas movies. This is one of my FAVORITE days of the year and I am so excited to spend it with my Matthew! Also, Matthew has requested that there be sausage balls that morning, so I'll be making sausage balls for breakfast! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am SO HAPPY to know my husband and I aren't the only ones who have been getting in bed soon after dinner! It has been soooo bad. After the dishes are done and we're watching TV on the couch, I feel so tired and want to go up to bed and I look at the clock and it's 6:45! I need to snap outta this funk! But good to know we're not the only ones!
    I really wanted to start some new Christmas traditions with my hubby but he's going to be gone from the 6th - 19th in December for work :( I am pretty bummed he's going to be gone during my favorite time of year, but it will give me a chance to do some things with my family while he's gone!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the worst about using appliances we got as wedding gifts. I used our blender that we received in 2012 for the first time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally stealing the pinned it, did it idea, that is brilliant! This is our first Christmas as newlyweds too, so I've been searching for fun traditions we can start together. Love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!