This ice cream recipe has been a hit at our house lately. It's soft and creamy and absolutely delicious. The best part about it is that it's only three ingredients and doesn't take a whole lot of effort.
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Add the vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk to a small bowl and mix well.
2. Add the heavy cream to a separate bowl (I used our stand mixer!) and whip on high for 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Once that happens turn the mixer on low and slowly add in the vanilla extract/sweetened condensed milk mixture. Let that mix on low for 2 minutes, or until mixed together well.
3. Once mixed well, pour into a freeze-safe container (I put mine in a small bread loaf pan, and it worked like a charm!) and let it freeze for at least 6 hours to overnight.
We let ours freeze overnight and then I set it out about 5 minutes before we served it, and it was easy to scoop and tasted delicious!