Tuesday, January 30, 2018

WEEKENDING

I'm going to back up to last week a little, first. Matthew was out of town again for work, so my sister came over and we went to The Grilled Cheeserie for dinner. It was AMAZING. I have been searching for that tomato soup recipe every since, seriously so good and nothing compared to a can of tomato soup! We also got their fresh squeezed lemonade and it just made the meal!

Thursday afternoon Reagan had a grooming appointment so after I dropped her off I decided to use a Starbucks gift card for an afternoon treat. I got an upside down iced caramel macchiato and a cake pop. Believe it or not, this was my first cake pop, ever! I got the cookie dough flavor and it was good.

Friday afternoon Matthew got home and we went to dinner at The Standard. Matthew's parents had a gift card to there that they were not going to be able to use before it expired, so they gave it to us and we went. It was a BEAUTIFUL place and the food was absolutely delicious. The restaurant is an old, charming home in downtown Nashville that they made into a restaurant. You can read all about the history of the home, here. It was a very nice dining experience!


Matthew went to the office on Saturday morning and I went grocery shopping and then back home to put together chili in the crock-pot for dinner. I did some laundry and cleaned up around the house a bit and took Reagan on a long walk. The weather was really warm and overcast and they were calling for a lot of rain for Saturday, so I wanted to get a long walk in before it hit. After Matthew left the office we went to his parents house for dinner. My in-law's are hosting dinner the 4th Saturday of every month at their house and we are excited about it! This month my MIL did soups + chili. She made beef stew and Tex-Mex cheesy chicken chowder, homemade pimento cheese sandwiches and cornbread. She also made a delicious chocolate pie! Matthew's uncle brought his beautiful golden doodle over and we were obsessed! He was so calm and well behaved and beautiful!! Matthew loved on him allllll night and kept trying to get Charlie to sit in his lap on the couch like Reagan does, ha!

Reagan wasn't so sure of Charlie at first, she's never been around a dog that bug, but she slowly warmed up to him. Can you spot Reagan?


Sunday we met Matthew's parents and brother for lunch at a local favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch and then headed home for a nap. A little later I went outside and did my nails while Reagan got some energy out. I always know when Reagan is ready to go back inside because she'll come get in my lap until we head back inside.


Sunday night I put an Aldi pizza in for dinner. I tried the Mexican style pizza and LOVED it. Have any of you ever tried a pizza from Aldi? Literally the best frozen pizza I have ever had. We have tried the classic, pepperoni and cheese pizza too and loved it as well. Definitely a big pizza that is reasonably priced!


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, all the food in this post has my mouth watering! I love that your in laws are going to be doing family dinners. That is so fun and definitely something I would love to be able to do, if my family were closer. I keep meaning to try aldi, but never think to. That pizza looks delicious, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend!! I've totally eyed the frozen pizza's from Aldi - definitely going to have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Charlie is a big dog! Reagan looks so cute. I like pizza from Aldi's too. Tastes good, and very affordable.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!