Friday, October 11, 2013

WE WERE SO CLOSE

Sorry for being MIA but ya girl had a huge midterm Tuesday night and I have been sick and sleeping most of the days away.
Tuesday I woke up feeling pretty gross but went to work anyway. By lunch I was miserable and just wanted to crawl in bed and sleep. I ended up leaving work early and going back to the apartment and taking a nap and woke up to get some last minute studying done.
The Fray came to Tech Tuesday night also and it was free to all of us students.
The Fray. Concert. Free. 
Uh yes please!! Matthew and I got our tickets the day they started handing them out and I had been looking forward to it. By time I got out of my test Tuesday night all I wanted to do was crawl back in my bed and sleep for hours. We decided not to go to the concert, still a little heartbroken over missing it but there was no way I could go. 
I woke up Wednesday with a fever and have been running one every since.
I uploaded this to my Instagram on Wednesday and it's 100% me.

and I just had to brag a little on Facebook about my sweet man. So blessed to have you, M!

So while I am on Advil and not running a fever I want to share with you about last Friday night!!
If you read my post on Friday then you know I went to see Ben Rector at the Ryman in Nashville.
My parents got my sister and I tickets to see him and what a treat it was!
Such a fun night and perfect sister date.
We ate at Chili's (2 for $20 what what!) in Murfreesboro to avoid all the downtown craziness in Nashville and then headed down there. 
Now let me share a little secret with you...
I have never driven in downtown Nashville at night let alone a FRIDAY NIGHT.
If you have been to Nashville on a weekend night then you know what I'm talking about if not I'm sure you heard stories. I wish I had taken a picture but I was so stressed out trying to get there and not wreck.
We pulled into the parking lot of the Ryman and I was so relieved but then I saw the sign valet parking $15 
uh no thank you I will park my own car for free and walk but then the guy comes up to my window and tells me our parking is free courtesy of Nissan. Driving a Nissan never felt better :) 
I hopped my happy butt out and let him take my car.
We get to our seats and just our luck we are pretty much behind a column. Awesome but we were going to make the most out of it and just scoot out into the isle a little so we can see the opening act. Well the little old guy who was the usher was not going to let that happen, every time we leaned over a little bit to see he came and told us to get back in our row. I tried to stay positive and remember he was just doing his job.
The opening act...Tyrone Wells.
Look him up.
or better yet just listen to this video I got from YouTube.
He was great and I remembered I have heard him on Pandora before!!
He did a meet and greet before Ben Rector went on stage so Mady and I ran out there and got in line.

We go back to our seats and ole Ben came out and was amazing.
I gave Mady my phone and told her to go up closer and make a better picture.
 Well she didn't come back...
about five mins later she did and she was all excited and told me there were 2 seats in the FOURTH row that no one was in. So when he starts his next song we casually walk up there to "make a picture" NOT.
We slid in those seats and I asked the cute little old ladies behind us whose seats we were in and she said NO ONE HAD BEEN THERE. 
You better bet we stayed there...we were so close I could see the sweat on his upper lip. 
Dying y'all I was dying.

Now for an overload of pictures :)


Loved this poster and I would have loved it to have it to hang in my room but I just couldn't justify paying $20 for it so a pic will do instead :)

Waiting for it to start

Get it ole Benny boy

Loved all the different lightening 


Seriously, probably the only other person who loves him as much as I do.
Thankful for the relationship I have with my sister.



 Nashville y'all.

and then he posted this on his Instagram

3 comments:

  1. So awesome that the Fray came to your school! So not awesome that you've been sick and missed them! BUT it's SO awesome that you have such a wonderful boyfriend like Matthew to take care of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love Tyrone Wells....he is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyrone Wells is my favorite singer! He is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!