Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy 5 & Friday!

1. This week has seemed a little longer than usual. It never fails I would look up at the clock at work and it seems like every single day this week when I would check it would only be 12:45...so weird!! So to say I'm so glad Friday is here is an understatement (not like it's different any other week lol)

2. I might also be a little more eager for this weekend than usual because I am (finally) going to look at dresses!!!!! I am so excited! I have put it off for as long as I can, hoping to drop a couple of pounds before I went and tried them on. I'm 8lbs down so I'll take it!! I honestly have been a little worried because when I have told people I wasn't going to look at dresses until mid to late February (I have an appt next Saturday with David's Bridal, too) they thought I was crazy for waiting so long. 
I mentioned before but my aunt's mom owns and runs the dress shop we are going to this Sunday. They are open Monday-Saturdays and so she is coming in on Sunday to open the shop up just for us. I still can't believe it, we are so lucky, and I am incredibly thankful for their kindness!!
I am just going with family this Sunday and next weekend Matthew's mom and some of my bridal party will go. I'm really excited and grateful that BOTH of my grandmothers are going this Sunday! I just know this will be a special day. 
I decided not to let my dad go with us Sunday. Which was a little tough for me, I'm a daddy's girl through and through. I would love for my dad to be there but Matthew and I have decided not to do a first look, so I am doing a first look with my dad on our wedding day instead.
 I tear up every single time I think about it. 

3. Valentine's Day is almost here! Although I completely agree that you should love on your spouse/significant other everyday, as well as show appreciation and respect, I'm not all anti celebrating Valentine's Day. We still enjoy celebrating it, but don't get too crazy. A dinner out somewhere where we don't have to make reservations is what we usually do, low key is best for us to avoid large crowds. I have always made dessert for us and I am making it again this year! In the past I have made a no bake cheesecake and Oreo balls, this year I am going to make a cookie/brownie thing and we'll pick up some ice cream at Kroger to go with it!

4. In order to save a little money we decided to just exchange cards this year! I got really excited to pick out Matthew's card and was also a little proud of myself for picking it up earlier this week instead of waiting until the day before like I did last year. I was the only one in the card aisle at Walgreens so I was able to take my time and not move around people, best thing ever! I started reading some and goodness gracious I don't know what is wrong with me but I got SO emotional. As in tearing up at almost every card. Then I saw the "husband" cards and realized that next Valentine's Day I will get to buy a husband card...had to walk out of the aisle to collect myself. 
I don't know who I am anymore lol.

5. Since #4 turned into a little cry fest here are some funny things from Pinterest this week!



YES


Have a great weekend!! 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with dress shopping! From personal experience, take photos of each dress. It gives you a good idea of how you look in the dress and how well it will photograph.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!