Thursday, July 6, 2017

JULY 4TH WEEKEND | 2017

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on my exciting news a couple of weeks ago! I unexpectedly took a blogging break last week. Training at work is well under way and going great, but left me with zero energy after work each day. There were a couple of days last week where I came straight home from work and took a nap. Thankfully, Matthew is so, so sweet and good to me that he picked up my slack and never once complained. Grateful for him is an understatement!!

Saturday I had plans to go down to the pool for a few hours, but it was cloudy and rained off an on, so we had a lazy Saturday morning before heading home for the rest of the weekend. We spent Saturday afternoon at my families house for my grandmother's birthday dinner. 
 Reagan was rocking the topknot look on the ride home.

Sunday we went to church with Matthew's family and then took Reagan to get groomed. Poor girl needed it badly, as you can see in the picture above lol. 

I had to work a half day on Monday so when I got home from the office Reagan was very happy to see me...she kept popping her head over my laptop.

We decided to stay at our house this year for the 4th since it was on a Tuesday and we didn't take off anymore this week. We went out to lunch on Tuesday only to discover a lot of restaurants were closed for the holiday. Chipotle wasn't closed and I had never been there so we decided to give it a try. Matthew has had it before and said it was just okay, but I wasn't a fan of it at all. Blue Coast girl forever I suppose! 

We stopped by the store and got a few things for dinner and then came home and watched a movie before starting dinner. Poor Reagan was terrified of all the fireworks and shook all night long. She stayed right up under one of us most of the night. So sad seeing her so scared but she managed well. Our July 4th celebrations looked much different this year, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

July 4th | 2016
July 4th | 2014
July 4th | 2013

 photo Untitledscaa_zpsbqu6wi04.png

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! We didn't do anything big for the 4th either. Jared had to be on the fire dept boat for the fireworks so I had dinner with family and then watched Beauty and the Beast lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny your Chipotle was open, because ours was not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice and relaxing 4th of July!! I agree with you, I'm not a big Chipolte fan... poor Reagan and the fireworks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a Chipotle fan, either. Cilantro tastes like dirt to me, and they put cilantro in everything.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!