Thursday, September 7, 2017

GATLINBURG | LDW 2017

Last Thursday morning we packed up my little ole car, buckled Reagan in her car seat (lol), grabbed a quick breakfast and hit the road. We had been planning to spend Labor Day Weekend with my husband's family for months and it was here, and it honestly could not have come at a better time! Matthew and I both needed the break away from work, and we enjoyed every minute of it. 

We stopped by our cabin to unload our stuff and change before driving another 2 hours to Johnson City to see my BIL receive his white coat. We celebrated with Mexican after and then headed back to our cabin for the holiday weekend.


Friday morning we woke up and had a delicious breakfast and then headed out to the outlet mall for some shopping. We found some really good deals and I spent way too much time walking around the Kirkland's outlet store with heart eyes for everything. My MIL made Cajun chicken pasta for dinner back at the cabin and then we all watched Slumdog Millionaire. Still not so sure how much I liked the movie, but it was different for sure lol. Friday was pretty relaxing and I was able to sneak in a couple of naps, which was definitely nice!

Outside of our room was a beautiful porch swing and we enjoyed sitting out there since the weather was so cool the whole weekend we were there!


Reagan loved her first trip to the mountains! 

Saturday we woke up and headed to Gatlinburg to walk the strip, get some fudge, and to do some of our favorites. We grabbed lunch at a small hot dog shop, wasn't our best idea, but it wasn't too terribly bad! While eating lunch outside a duck kept coming up to us and my BIL kept feeding it fries, so little buddy stuck around the whole time we ate lol. 

We found a great deal and got to play laser tag, glow in the dark golf, bumper cars, and this fun laser game. Basically stuff we haven't done in a few years, ha.'




Saturday night we went to a hypnosis show and it was hilarious! My MIL, FIL, and SIL all volunteered and went up on stage. It was a great show and definitely had us all laughing the whole time!

After the show we headed back to the cabin for dinner and cake and ice cream to celebrate my BIL a little more! Sunday before heading home from our trip we met my parents for breakfast at their cabin. They had gotten into Gatlinburg the day before to celebrate their 30th anniversary, It was good seeing them and their little cabin. They rented a small one bedroom cabin and it was adorable! I was glad we got to see them and hang out for a little bit!


We got home late Sunday afternoon and were completely exhausted so we went to bed pretty early. Monday we worked on things around the house all day, but then decided to go on a date to Olive Garden! It was a great way to end our long weekend and I'm already looking forward to the next time we get up to the mountains.



5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to your parents - 30 years is wonderful! Your weekend sounds so nice - I have heard that place is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little getaway! I love Gatlinburg :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect getaway! Gatlinburg is one of our favorite places to visit. So much do and it's beautiful there!! I really want to go once the leaves have changed colors. I think that would be even more beautiful! Happy Anniversary to your parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend!! They did a hypnosis show in high school once and it was a riot! Glad y'all were able to get away :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trips with family are the best! Yours sounds like y'all had a great time! We went on vacation to Gatlinburg several years ago and it was gorgeous! Your trip made me want to go back for sure! Bumper cars/laser tag type places are my favorite!!! Haha, I turn into a 10 year old again.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!