Monday, April 22, 2013

If you really knew me {part 1}


I always feel like if I knew just a little bit more about the person behind the blog then I will be able to understand them better and like their blog even more than I already do...so with that being said girlfriend over here decided to do a 3 part series this week. 

If you are following me on Twitter (if not go on and follow me!) then you will find out before everyone else what part 2 and part 3 are about.

If you really knew me then you would know I am the oldest of my siblings. 
I have three little sisters, who mean the world to me. They have taught me so much.



If you really knew me then you would know my first job was a a Daycare. 
I had the infant room and I fell in love with all 8 of my babies!! I worked there a little over a year and became attached to every single one of them and they all had me wrapped around their little finger. Thankfully I am still able to see them through their parents FB pages. There are some days were I miss them so much and I just wanna go rock them. It was such a fun first job!
If you really knew me then you would know I have lived in the same house my whole entire life, yep you read that right. We have never moved but we have added on to our house 2 times,ha! This will also make moving out this summer even harder. How do I even begin packing everything up?
If you really knew me then you would know that Christmas is my favorite holiday...ever!!!! I start listening to Christmas music on Thanksgiving and as soon as Thanksgiving is over I am ready to crawl up in the attic and bring down boxes and boxes of our Christmas decorations. One of my favorite Saturdays and favorite traditions of the year is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we wake up and start the coffee and make sausage balls and spend the whole Saturday listening to Christmas music and decorating.
If you really knew me then you would know I have only been to the beach 3 times in my whole entire life...sad I KNOW. I plan on that changing in the next few years :) I love the beach and I could spend the whole day laying there in a beach chair with an icee and I would be completely satisfied!!


Beach babes

If you really knew me then you would know summer is my favorite season!
I love the warm weather, I love it being daylight longer, I love the summer nights, I love the carefree feeling, 
I love sunshine, the tanning, the swimming, concerts, festivals, picnics, bike rides, shorts, sandals, vacations, pretty flowers, I just love it all!!

summer 2010


This past summer




If you really knew me then you would know I love decorating. It doesn't matter what event or holiday it is I LOVE decorating and planning for it. It can be something as simple as making coasters for St.Patrick's day or something as big as my sisters 16th birthday. 

If you really knew me then you would know my daddy is a 7th degree black belt in Karate and I couldn't be more proud of him for all his hard work he has put into Karate over the past 30+ years. There are only a select few people who have reached the 7th degree in Tennessee and he is one of them!!
If you really knew me then you would know that I am awful with directions and giving them. Honestly I don't know what I would do without my lovely GPS Matthew got me for my last birthday. My best friend called me at 1 a.m. the other morning asking which exit to take to get her back home from Nashville (she knows I take the interstate all the time to get back and forth to classes) and guess who couldn't tell the exit number....yeah this girl. Oops! All I could tell her is take the exit with the wide ramp...really Shelby? It's dark how is she going to be able to see the wide ramp?! 
I can't remember the names of the roads, I just remember what is on that road or what is before that road. 
I know I know, I need to work on this!!
If you really knew me then you would know that I get super stressed out if things don't go as planned and sometimes even frustrated. I have really been trying to work on this and to just go with the flow but sometimes it's not that easy. I would say this is because of my type A personality but I have been very pleased with myself the past few times plans have been changed...I just sat back and went with the flow. It's still a working progress hahaha.
If you really knew me then you would know that I HATE doing my own laundry. I will put it off as long as I can but give me someones laundry to do and I will have it washed, dried and folded as quick as I can. Weird I know.
If you really knew me then you would know that I LOVE blogging!!
I have met so many wonderful ladies on here who I wish all lived closer!! Because I really do believe we would get along. I have learned so much and I love reading all of your blogs! I have had so much help from a lot of  kind girls and wouldn't be where I am now if it weren't for them.
If you really knew me then you would know that I had to get glasses in 1st grade, my poor eyes failed me at an early age. In sixth grade I finally switched over to contacts...thank goodness!! Without my glasses or contacts I am literally blind as a bat. It is awful and I am hoping to have the laser eye surgery in the future.
One of the only pictures I have with my glasses on
If you really knew me then you would know that I love love love going to trips. It can be a just a day trip, weekend trip or a week vacation but I LOVE getting out of my town for a few days and exploring what is all out there. I even love the car ride, it is actually one of my favorite parts of the trip. The 8 hour car ride to the beach doesn't bother me at all, I love it.
Our roadtrip to Burgess Falls

Fall Creek Falls

Fall retreat at Camp Discovery

Our weekend trip Matthew's parents took us on to Gatlinburg last May
Just a tad bit excited to be crossing over the Florida line this past summer
Watch for part 2 on Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Christmas too!! It's the best time of the year!! I wish I could get our tree up year round, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great series, I really like that you're doing it in three parts though and love that you elaborated on each one with pictures. I'm right there with you, I always want to know more about the person behind the blog too not just what they're doing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Its always so fun to find out more about the bloggers behind the blogs I love reading! I also love to decorate for all different holidays!
    :) Thank you for sharing!
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute post and a great idea! Once I get a few more followers, I may have to do something similar! It's nice getting "to know you"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! We have so much in common! I also had my first (volunteer) job at a daycare, I'm awful with directions (I just somehow know where to go, but I couldn't tell you how I got there), I get stressed out when things don't go as I planned, I love blogging and I LOVE going on trips!

    We'd get along so well. :)

    Your family is gorgeous, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your sisters are so cute and you look very much alike! We have the same vision journey. I can't wait to get laser surgery. Imagine being able to see when you wake up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! I love the 4th of July décor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas is my favorite Holiday too!!! It's just so cheery and I love decorating for it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!