Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fall Retreat 2014

This past weekend we went on fall retreat with the SOC. I promise it felt like Christmas morning when I woke up last Friday. 1. It was freezing in my apartment 2. because I knew we were leaving that day for retreat!!!!
 
There is just something SO refreshing and encouraging about being away, with hardly any cell phone reception, with your brothers and sisters in Christ for a WHOLE weekend! Plus, being in one of the most beautiful places!!!! We went to Camp Discovery, which is about 45 mins away from Cookeville. We had over 70 people this year. 70!!!!! We had to take 3 vans and some people drove up separately as well.
 
We had a "stress session" the girls and guys split up into separate groups. There were rules though which I thought were appropriate:
-Don't talk about someone that's not there to defend themselves.
-You are a Christian, act like it (no gossiping or tattling)
-It's not a confession session (don't feel the need to confess all of the things you have ever done wrong)
At first none of the girls really wanted to say anything but then someone said something and then everyone started. It was so good!
Galatians 6:2 tells us to "Bear one another's burdens" and that is exactly what we did.
There were tears and there was laughter but mostly there was encouragement. I have never been more proud to be apart of such a great group of girls.
 
I left Camp Discovery feeling closer to all those sweet girls and refreshed!
 

The girls!
 

 


 

 
 
 It was the best weekend, with the best people, at the best place! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. The last picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like SUCH a blast!!! I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! I love youth retreats.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!