Wednesday, October 19, 2016

10 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME

These post are always fun to read, and I have some new friends around here so I thought it was a good time to do one of these posts. Here are 10 quirks you might not know about me...


1 | I have two middle names because my parents didn't think they were going to have anymore kids after me...they ended up having three more daughters!

2 | I have awful vision. I got glasses in the first grade and contacts in the 6th grade. Each year at my yearly visit to the optometrist, they tell me my vision has gotten worse. We actually have to have a small little night light in our bathroom so I can make it to the bathroom in the middle of the night without running into anything. Whenever we are staying somewhere other than our house I have to make sure there is a clear path to the bathroom as well, because if not I will definitely run into it or fall over it. I'm not sure what legally blind is, but my prescription is -7.50 in both eye. Seriously, it's so bad.

3 | I hate cilantro. I know there are people that either love it or hate it, and I am one who hates it! I can't eat anything with cilantro in it, and if we go to a Mexican restaurant and their salsa has too much cilantro in it, it's banned from my list lol.  

4 | I am a morning person, and I have been my entire life. My mom said once I was born she and my dad never had to set an alarm clock anymore because I woke up everyday by 7:00 at the latest. Even now I can't lay in the bed past 8:00 or I'll get a headache. It doesn't bother me too much though, the mornings are my favorite time of the day, and when I have the most energy.

5 | I lived in the same house that I was brought home from the hospital to for 21 years, and loved it. My parents got married and immediately moved in my with grandparents, and for six months they used every single paycheck to build their house. It was a two bedroom, one bath house until I was around 4 years old. Before my sister, Mady, was born my dad and uncle added on to our house, and then before my other sister, Samantha, was born my parents added on again. It is now a seven bedroom, three bath, and three car garage home! I love all the memories that I have made (& still make) at my childhood home.

6 | I hate silence. I listen to music throughout the day while I work, my radio is always on in the car if I am alone or I am talking on the phone to someone, and if I am home alone the TV is on for background noise or I have music or a podcast playing on my phone. When I lived by myself, I used to fall asleep to a white noise app.

7 | I hate cold weather. The only I somewhat like it is between the months of September-December. If I could choose the weather (lol) then it would be summer weather until September 1st - December 25th. So basically, I only like cooler weather around fall time and the holidays. It could be 80 degrees the day after Christmas Day and I would be 100% okay with it. My least favorite time of the year is January-April. The weather is always so dreary and all the trees are dead and ugly. It's pretty depressing.

8 | One of my life long dreams is to build a house to raise our kids in. It might be because I lived in the same house for 21 years, and almost every single childhood memory was made there, and I would love, more than anything, for our kids to experience that.

9 | I hate the word moist. I don't know why, but whenever I hear it I literally cringe. You know when it's really hot outside and your hair is sticking to your neck and you can swear that you feel your makeup running? That's what I think of when I think of the "M" word.

10 | I have a type A personality which means I am a planner by nature. I make to-do list daily, usually multiple ones at that. I love planning things out and thinking ahead about future events or trips, and I can never leave the office on a Friday with any emails left in my inbox. I make sure every Friday morning that if there is anything still lingering in my inbox then I am working on getting that out of there first thing. I also have two planners, a personal planner and a work planner...but recently I just created my own personal planner for 2017 so that it is tailored to me specifically. I may or may not be a little too excited to use it already.

8 comments:

  1. The months of Jan to Apr are awful! Short days, snow storms, freezing temps! UGH I agree September to December chilly weather, snow on Christmas and then it can be summer again!

    Moist is quite possibly the worst work in the world! Makes me cringe! haha

    I'm so a planner! I recently a new planner, a Happy Planner it is basically the best thing in the world haha!

    I love these posts so fun to learn more about people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The m word. ugh me too girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you on the vision thing! Mine eyes are just a tad worse, and it's awful. I'm seriously considering lasik surgery. I also totally agree with the weather! I love summer so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I'm learning so much! So funny your parents thought they weren't having any more kids after you - and love that they built onto their original house!! I agree with the silence! If I'm home alone, I always put the TV on and if I'm sleeping alone, I put the TV on too. I thought I'd have the worst time sleeping once we got married because Stephen couldn't sleep with a TV but I fall asleep so much better now! I hate that it doesn't get cold here until Jan-Feb - I'm like where was this at Christmas!? lol the M word... amen! And I'm so bad with planning... I tried to plan and figure out Christmas last week and my SIL was like um I'm working on a first birthday party now, I don't have time for Christmas lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seven bedrooms?! That is amazing!! And definitely sounds like the way to do it, AND I can definitely understand why having a home like that is a dream of yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of several people hating the word "moist". I don't like it much. I also hate "axe" instead "ask", "shreet" instead of "street", and people adding or taking away the letter "s" in names. "Target's" instead of Target, "Sonic's" instead of Sonic, etc. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big cilantro fan either! I've tried and tried to like it, but I cannot get into it :/

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so fun to get to know more about you! I am definitely a morning person, too. If I sleep in, I sometimes get cranky because I don't feel I started the day off right!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!