Tuesday, May 22, 2018

WEEKEND RECAP


Like most weekends, we hated seeing it come to an end on Sunday night, but it was a great weekend!

Friday we both worked from home and decided to try our movie pass out after work.. We saw Life of the Party and it was pretty funny. I would say it's one of Melissa McCarthy's better movies, not so vulgar.

Saturday Matthew made a delicious breakfast on his flat top grill, eggs, sausage, and hash browns, and I threw some biscuits in the oven. I didn't snap a picture, but it was so good! A coworker of mine has chickens so we got some farm fresh eggs from him this past week!

I started working on my 'welcome' sign that I want to make, it ended up taking the stain longer to dry than I thought, so I'm not completely finished with it yet, but I'm hoping to finish it up this week! I also spray painted some small floating shelves that we are going to add to our powder room

We decided to make a Sam's Club trip to get a few items and to see their summer items, we haven't been to Sam's in forever, so I wanted to price a few things out. I had also head about their summer dinnerware being out and I had read some good reviews, so I wanted to pick a set up. We like having these kind of plates for quick and easy meals. I love this floral design, so cute and festive for summer!

Saturday night we decided to go see another movie! We saw Overboard and we loved it. Such a cute movie, we didn't go into the movie with high hopes that it would be really good, but it was. We definitely recommend going to see it. 

After church on Sunday morning we went to a cookout at our friend's house with our class from church and we had a good time! It was so hot, but they had plenty of shade in their backyard. The guys all played yard games and the girls stayed in the shade and chased the kids around lol.

Sunday afternoon we had a VBS meeting. I am looking forward to helping out this year!!

I ended the weekend soaking in a hot bath and it was glorious! 


3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, how do you like your movie pass? Is it easy to use?! I am just so curious about it! Those plates you guys got are so fun and festive - perfect for the summer. When I was back home, I would help out for VBS in the nursery and it was always one of my favorite weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you love your Movie Pass! Jared and I have been talking about signing up for that and we need to do it. I am happy to hear Life of the Party was good and not vulgar. So many comedies are just gross now and I just want to see ones that are just funny! Also glad to hear that Overboard was good, too! Since it was a remake and I loved the old one I wasn't sure about this one. Those plates are so cute!
    Kelsey
    www.kelseypeacock.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend!! Can't wait to see how your Welcome sign turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!