Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Recruiting Season

Not for me but for Matthew. If your haven't been around in awhile or are new around here, let me catch you up! Matthew will be graduating in December (74 days to be exact) with his MBA in accounting. So the search has been on for a job and the interviews started a couple of weeks ago! He is doing great so far and interviewing with a lot of potential companies. It's SO exciting but SO nerve-wracking.
 
The other day we were talking and he told me we were going to have to sit down at the end of the interview process and talk about all of the companies and what all they have to offer.
To be honest, I was a little shocked I was going to be included in the decision making process. Not that he doesn't include me in everything, but I just assumed he would make the decision. Now, he will make the final decision, obviously because this is HIS career, but he wants my opinion and I really appreciated that! He never ceases to amaze me with his thoughtfulness.
 
His/our decision is a huge deal! It's where he will work, where we will live (after we are married, it's not a secret that we want to get married y'all ;) ), what opportunities he will have to climb the ladder, etc.
So, I am excited but also really nervous! The firms that look like they have potential so far have offices in Chattanooga, Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis, and Atlanta. He is still on the front end of this process so it's pretty surreal knowing that in a month or so we could know where we will end up!
 
It's also a little bittersweet knowing that Matthew is graduating in December and moving to where ever he gets a job. My plan is to stay in Cookeville until we get married but I honestly don't want to think about us not living in Cookeville. Just thinking about moving from here gets me all kinds of emotional. This town hold SO much. So many people and things that are near and dear to us. It is going to break my heart moving away from here and leaving everyone/everything, but who knows we may end up back in good ole Cookeville when we retire ;)
 
I am SO proud of Matthew. He has handled himself very well throughout his stressful process and I know he will continue to do so. I have so much respect for that good lookin' man and not to mention love ;)
I know he is going to make the right decision in whichever firm he chooses. If you don't mind saying a prayer for him through this stressful process, we'd appreciate it :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is SUCH an exciting time in your guys' lives!!!! I know that whatever choice he (or you both) makes, will be the right one. Change is always a little scary, but is also so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I remember the anxiety that came when J and I were waiting to hear about optometry schools (that determined where we would be after we were married too) and then his rotations as well. But along with the fear of unknown - it is exciting! And you guys really can't go wrong with any of those locations. I've lived in almost all of them haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying that God leads Matthew to the job that will be best for you both.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!