Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Caramel Apple Spice

One of my favorite drinks from Starbucks is their Caramel Apple Spice. I'm not a big coffee drinker and I hardly go there because of the prices. I discovered this drink there last year around Christmas and decided to try it and it was GREAT. It's also cheaper than their coffee drinks ;)
Although it is cheaper it's still more than I want to spend on a drink. I have found many recipes on Pinterest for this drink but never tried any until last night. I decided I would try THIS recipe since it looked pretty simple. I also had bought a gallon of  "apple cider" at the store to try hoping it would taste somewhat similar...it didn't. It was just plain apple juice lol. So I still had this huge thing of apple cider apple juice in my refrigerator and I didn't want to waste it. This recipe calls for six cups of apple juice so it did the trick!
 
Not going to lie, it tastes pretty close to Starbucks!! The lady who found or created this recipe is a genius!!
 
Here is her recipe:
  • 6 C apple cider (or apple juice)
  • 4 T caramel syrup (the ice cream topping, but not the magic shell kind)
  • 2-3 cinnamon sticks (or 2 t ground cinnamon)
  • 5-7 whole cloves (1/2 t ground cloves)

  • The dark pieces are the cloves.
    Mix all the ingredients together in the crock-pot and stir the caramel syrup in well so it doesn't stay at the bottom. Leave it in to crock-pot for 4 hours on low.
    Easiest recipe ever!
     
    I put it in the refrigerator after it was finished and then warmed some up this morning and brought to work to sip on this morning!
     
    This is what I woke up to this morning...our little bit of snow. The schools were actually out and I laughed until I saw the roads. I am assuming the city wasn't expecting snow becuase they didn't treat the roads last night like they usually do so they were pretty icy this morning, and I'm sure the back roads were even worse. Better safe than sorry, I suppose!
     
    Happy Tuesday! Hope y'all are staying warm!!

    3 comments:

    1. Definitely going to have to make this- YUM! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. This looks amazing. Cider is my weakness, especially this time of year, hot or cold! I just love it!!!!

      We got a TON of snow here in Ohio!

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments always make my day!