Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Short week = fun week

Matthew has been working on a project that was a pretty big deal. He worked on it most of last week and all weekend also while working on two other big projects. All of them were due this past Monday. Poor thing has been hit hard with school work right here at the very end. He graduates in 17 days y'all, 17 days!
I had asked Matthew a couple of weeks ago that if he was able to finish his project in time if he would like to help me decorate my apartment for Christmas. I may or may not have told him that I would make sausage balls, too. So he definitely agreed ;)
 
Sunday night he told me if he finishes his project in time then he wants to go see the new Hunger Game movie. Date night on a Monday night? I'LL TAKE IT!
He finished early Monday afternoon and we were able to make the 4:30 showing of Mocking Jay part 1. We only go to the movies between 4:00-5:30 since the tickets are cheaper ;) We really just can't justify paying full price lol. We had planned on coming back to my apartment and making the sausage balls but we realized we wouldn't be able to eat until later because it's a pretty long movie + we still had to make them. So we went to Sam's after.
Most people would probably think that we are crazy for going to Sam's on our date night but we honestly love their pizza and love that it's so cheap. AND it is right by the movie theater ;)
 
We got back to my apartment and I started decorating. I mentioned to Matthew that I wish I had a fireplace in my apartment (I have probably said that a thousand times since I moved out lol). One of the things I really miss about living at home is my fireplace and mantel!! I love having the fire going when it's cold outside and I love decorating the mantel, I just grew up with one so it's weird not having it. I love the look of it, the sound of it and obviously the heat it puts off.
Well, I was digging decorations out of a box and started hearing the sound of a fire. I turned around and saw this on my TV. Matthew found some option on my TV that has a fake fire. It seriously sounds like a fire and every couple of minutes "someone" adds more logs to keep it going. I may have teared up a little bit lol. He is SO thoughtful!

 I don't have many decorations nor do I want to buy any so I usually just work with what I have for now. It's plenty for my little one bedroom apartment :)
I bought this 6ft tree last year on sale at Target and love it.
A lot of my decorations are from my parents and my mema. They buy new decorations and I get the old decorations. Really, it's a win-win situation in my book ;)
 
 Here's my living room! Please ignore the ugly stepper by the couch. It's the only place it will fit in my apt lol. I am wanting to make something to add to that closet door and I need to find my tree skirt at home and bring it back up with me.

My end tables are decorated with all things from the Target dollar section from last year.
It was cheap, small and perfect for my apartment :)
and yes, I know that picture is sideways, I have to print out a new one to put in there. That one is working for now though lol.


Last night Matthew had a guys night with his dad and brother. They went to a hockey game in Nashville. From what I heard it was a pretty good game! I stayed in Cookeville because I have to work today. So I did what any girl would do. I had some ME time. It was great.
After I got off work yesterday I went to TJ Maxx and found my Christmas cards and a cute sweater to wear for Thanksgiving. After that I headed to my apt for the night. I got into the most comfiest clothes and cleaned a little, made dinner and caught up on my show. I absolutely LOVE the show Revenge but haven't been able to watch any of this season. One of my friends let me borrow her Hulu account so I could catch up on it. So from about 5:00 yesterday afternoon to about 11:30 last night I watched Revenge. I caught up and finally know what's going on!
While I watched Revenge I worked on my Christmas cards!! I always wait until the last minute to send them out and then they get there late so I am determined to get them sent out on December 1st this year!
At 3:30 today I am homeward bound! So so excited to be home until Sunday. We get Thursday and Friday off and I am so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day!