One of the things I made...I mean my crockpot made is this Sausage Tortelloni recipe! I made it a few weeks ago and we both loved it so I thought it would be a good recipe for a snow day.
- l lb of sausage or ground beef (I used ground beef)
- 20 oz Buitoni Frozen Three-Cheese Tortellini (I used Sweet Italian Sausage the 2nd time I made it)
- 32 oz Chicken Broth (I always buy the low/reduce sodium kind)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (Basil, Garlic & Oregano seasoned kind)
- 1/2 t Garlic Powder (not pictured)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Grated Parmesan (Optional. And not pictured) for topping
Take your cream cheese out of the refrigerator and let it sit while you are browning your meat.
Add the tortellini to your crockpot.
Add the diced tomatoes. I actually puree the two cans of tomatoes because we don't like chunks of tomatoes :)
Add in the Chicken Broth.
Add in cooked meat.
Add in garlic powder and cream cheese in chunks and give everything a good stir.
Cook on Low for 3 1/2 - 4 hours or High for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Stir occasionally.
Here is a picture of it when it was about half way finished
And here is a picture of it when it was finished
So easy and so delicious!