Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 8
- 3/4 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder (or more if desired)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 16 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 Jars of spaghetti sauce (Matthew's favorite is Bertolli Five Cheese)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set to the side.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Brush the butter onto the chicken, and then dip into the breadcrumb mixture, make sure to coat both sides evenly. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and repeat until all the chicken is coated.
- Lightly spray a little more cooking spray on top of chicken and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add 1 Tbsp (or more if desired) of spaghetti sauce over each piece of chicken and then add 1 1/2 Tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place on a bed of noodles and serve immediately.
I used whole wheat linguine noodles.
So simple and delicious! Make this soon and enjoy it on the patio before it gets too hot outside. This also makes really good leftovers for lunches the rest of the week.