Friday, May 6, 2016

FRIDAY NO. 16

What.A.Week. 

Our week started out with another trip to the ER for Matthew. We ended up staying two nights at the hospital (Monday night - Wednesday afternoon) this time. Thankfully everything is fine. All tests/scans came back normal.We followed up with his outpatient neurologist Thursday morning, prayers this is the last of it and we are good to go! We didn't get a for sure diagnosis for everything that has been happening, but the neurologists told us to "take that and RUN with it!" Meaning: Things could be a lot worse. So we are really thankful. I feel like my Facebook news feed is FULL of people battling different illnesses and struggles daily, so getting all of Matthew's tests and scans back completely clear was a huge blessing. We are exhausted, we are stressed, but we are completely thankful. I'll share more next week! 
(This time the hospital bed was big enough and I was able to lay beside him a good bit of the day...it's the little things in life y'all!)

Wednesday we watched it rain off and on all day from his hospital room, but thankfully when we were discharged it stopped raining and the sun came out. This was my pretty view on the way to the pharmacy to pick up his medicine.

We had been planning a small dinner party for Cinco de mayo for a couple of weeks now, but with everything going on I planned on putting it off for a week or so, but Matthew insisted on still having it. He had been looking forward to it and I think he just needed some time with some of his best buds. So after we got home late Wednesday afternoon and settled in I started cooking. I wanted to get as much done as possible so we didn't have a lot to do after work yesterday. I made two pans of enchiladas, four pounds of taco meat, three bags of taco rice, and then Matthew made the cheese sauce as soon as we got home from work yesterday. Everyone came over a little after 6 and then it was time to eat! I'll share more of this next week.

 We had a great time and all watched the longest Predators game (ever) last night....but we won! Woo hoo!

It has been very chilly this week...which is normal for this time of the year, if I am right, I believe this is what they call 'blackberry winter', and if that's the case then this is usually our last "cool spell" before SUMMER!!!! Woo hoo! As much as I hate cold weather, I have been somewhat enjoying these cool mornings walking into work. However, I did see this on Facebook this morning and almost changed my mind about enjoying this cool weather. That white stuff can most definitely stay in the Smokies! If it snowed in Nashville in May I would flat out die. 

We have a fun weekend planned out celebrating our moms and our best friend's birthday! It's going to be a bus weekend, but we're looking forward to hanging out with everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I hate to hear you all spent more time in the hospital but I'm hoping they will get Matthew's problems resolved so that won't keep happening! Hope you all have a great & relaxing weekend!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've had to spend so much time in the hospital! I spent so many hours in hospitals between the ER and my neurologist the last 6 years, and I still have no concrete answers! Praying for you guys!
    Hopefully you have a fabulous weekend to make up for a crummy start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Sorry y'all were in the hospital again with no results... which are good results unless you want actual results ;) Hope things keep getting better! Your Cinco de Mayo party was so cute - you did a great job making all that food after being in the hospital!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!