Friday, September 2, 2016

FRIDAY NO. 29

Woo hoo! We are so close to a 3 day weekend. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that it is indeed September already!! I remember last year on our leave early day before Labor Day weekend I went and got my name changed! It was the only time I had to do it since most of the offices are closed by time I get off. 

Also, speaking of last Labor Day....last year over our long weekend we gave our dining room table a makeover!! That weekend was probably one of my top favorite weekends in our first year of marriage. The weather was great, and we just enjoyed the weekend together working on our dining room table. And when it was finished we just sat there and looked at it for a good 5 minutes, admiring it lol. Sweet, sweet memories for sure.

We ordered this rug for our living room and it should come in today!! I am so excited and can't wait to see it in our living room. We actually ordered two...for both sides of our living room! We had originally wanted navy rugs with some white detailing, but then decided that since our couches are dark we should go with a lighter rug. I was very hesitant about getting a light colored rug, but that's what carpet cleaners are for.
This morning I walked outside to get in my car and it truly felt like fall. 68 with a light breeze. I wish I had woken up sooner and sat out on the back patio with some cereal and a cozy blanket! Oh well, it won't last too long, it's supposed to be back in the 90's by Monday :) at least we know fall is coming! I found this adorable September desktop calendar for my work computer and love it!

I am decorating for fall this weekend and I am one happy/excited girl! 

We also recently bought this warm & cool mist humidifier diffuser. With Matthew's sinus situation going on we decided to start using a humidifier. I had one from my college apartment but it was an old one and only a warm mist. In his instructions for recovery, after his surgery next week, it specifically says a cool mist humidifier only. So we got to searching for one and found this one on sale! It also works as a diffuser for oils, which I have been looking into a lot lately. So we jumped on this good deal and have been enjoying it every night since it delivered! We also bought some peppermint oil and put in it and have enjoyed that as well! 



I hope you all have a great 3 day weekend!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Don't you love simple married life weekends like that full of projects? They're just the best :) Love the rugs! We have a humidifier and love it when we remember to use it lol! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on essential oils. I've looked into them a little and they sound great but it was just overwhelming to pick them at the time!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting our table redone in about 3 weeks and it will look exactly like yours! We've been searching high and low for a farmhouse table and haven't been able to find one in our price range, so we're having someone who builds them redo our top! It even has white legs like yours. :) I think it's awesome that you guys did it yourself - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for this 3 day weekend! Enjoy yours!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use a cool mist humidifier every night and it works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at how far y'all have come in 1 year!! You're now working on HOUSE projects lol! And I'm pretty sure around this time last year is when I found your blog! The rug looks so cute! Can't wait to see it fully in your room! Also, can't wait to see all your fall decorations! Hope Matthew's surgery goes well! I'll be praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also put up a few fall decorations. I know that it's still summer for most of September, but I figure that the decorations can be a celebration of the impending arrival of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lavender is one of our favorite oils to diffuse- so relaxing! :) I need to get my fall decor out!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!