The recipe that I am sharing today is my MIL's recipe and it is GOOD! Since it is just the two of us, I like to make them in smaller portions, so that we aren't eating lasagna for every meal all week. When I do make lasagna for dinner I like double the recipe and it ends up making six small ones (which would be equivalent to two regular sized pans of lasagna) and freeze the other five. One small pan is enough for our for three meals (dinner that night, lunch the next day and then either lunch or dinner another day that week).
Thursday, January 12, 2017
LASAGNA | DINNER RECIPE
As mentioned yesterday, we love lasagna. We probably have it at least once a month in our home, as it is definitely in our 'favorites rotation'.
1 lb. ground chuck
1 lb. hot sausage
2 28-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
10 oz. lasagna noodles
2 c. small curd cottage cheese
2 c. ricotta cheese
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 T. parsley flakes
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown meat slowly. Spoon off excess fat. Add 1-1/2 jars of spaghetti sauce and mix.
2. Cook noodles in large amount of water until tender; drain; rinse.
3. Beat eggs and remaining ingredients, except mozzarella cheese, in a separate bowl
4. In this order layer these ingredients: 1 T of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the pan, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, meat/spaghetti sauce mixture, and then sprinkle with thin layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat until pan is full.
5. Pour remaining jar of spaghetti sauce on top and sprinkle top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake, covered, at 350 for 45-50 minutes.