Friday, February 3, 2017

FRIDAY VOL. 5

After three weeks of traveling and only being home on the weekends, Matthew is flying home tonight and he is done traveling for awhile! Woo hoo!! I can't wait to stare at his handsome face all night ;) Prayers for safe travel, please!

 - We are having a Super Bowl potluck today at work and I made a huge pot full of chili to bring in. I didn't realize just how heavy a crock pot full of chili would be lol. My arms were a little sore after I made the long trek into work this morning. #weakling 

- I picked up this charcoal mask a few weeks ago and finally took the time to try it and I loved it! It's my first charcoal mask, and I was a little hesitant about buying one because I was afraid it would be hard to take off and make a big mess in the sink, but I am happy to say it wasn't at all. Just some warm water and a dark washcloth did the trick!
- Reagan turned 5 months old on February 1st and we celebrated with a slice of cheese at lunch lol. She will do anything for cheese. Also, crazy dog mom is in full effect (and has been since the night we brought her home ;) #noshame)

- The last day of January was so warm and sunny all day. I could not have loved it more!! Sadly it's back to cold and cloudy.

- Now that Matthew is finished with traveling I can start meal planning regularly again! I have just been meal planning for the weekends and picking up a few things for me during the week to eat, but let's be honest, most of the time while he was away I was eating dinner with my family, grilled cheese and cereal for dinner. My mom sent me home with enough food for a small army so I have had plenty of good meals still lol. I'm excited to get back in the kitchen though! 

- Reagan has been taking advantage of extra room in the bed while Matthew has been out of town and  has been sleeping on his side for a little bit. It usually doesn't last long though, Reagan likes to be right up next to me while she sleeps. It's the cutest thing, but sometimes I wake up and her little feet are right in my face or her body is almost wrapped around my head lol. Sometimes I think I have a small child in the bed with me instead of a 7lb puppy. Also, she snores some, and I die a little on the inside every time because it's the cutest sound to wake up to. See what I mean about crazy dog mom? It's fine, I've completely accepted it.

Okay, last thing, if you couldn't tell already, I'm a little REALLY excited for Matthew to get home tonight! Matthew, if you're reading this, I CAN'T WAIT TO KISS YOUR FACE.
He's handsome and I love him.

9 comments:

  1. I love your meal planning calendar! Also, happy birthday to your adorable fur baby :) Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - so glad he will be home for awhile now!!! Your little pup is precious - the obsession is totally understandable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when Jared's away so I totally get it! Hope you all have an awesome weekend together :) I have tried the BeautyCounter charcoal mask but this one is a lot cheaper so I may have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that charcoal mask- one of my favorite finds for sure! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad and I have been married for 19 years and I STILL hate when he is gone...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby and I live in different states so I totally understand the distance things, its hard. And when your fur baby is that cute, you have every right to be a crazy dog mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a charcoal mask that I got a Sephora with some rewards but I have yet to try it. I can't believe that I didn't even think about using a dark washcloth to take it off...glad I know now because I would have grabbed a white one haha! Have a great weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, that's a whole lot of travel!! So glad Matthew's home for good now! I was gone this past week and was dying to get home... can't imagine 3 weeks like that! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend and get to spend tons of time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of my cats snore, and it is truly adorable. My husband also snores (though the cats are louder).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...