Wednesday, August 30, 2017

SUMMER SOIREE 2017 | TACO 'BOUT A PARTY

A couple of weeks ago we hosted our second annual Summer Soiree. Last year we kicked off summer with our first annual Summer Soiree, and because of a crazy summer schedule this year we ended up winding down our summer activities with our soiree. I decided to go with a taco bar for simplicity's sake and it was a hit!

Here's the invitation.


We had a very simple taco bar and a big ole crock-pot full of queso. 

I cooked the taco meat like normal about 2 hours before we ate and then moved it to the crock-pot and kept on warm until it was time to eat. 

I picked up those cute and festive banners from the Target Section. They came with a big fuchsia balloon on the end but I quickly remembered (about 30 minutes before everyone arrived) that in order for the balloons to stay up they would need helium.  So we cut the balloons off and just used the banner as a backdrop. Work with whatcha got, amiright?!


Katie's boyfriend couldn't make it so Reagan stepped in for a picture!



After we ate we loaded up and all headed to the fair. It was my first time going to an actual fair so I'll share about that in a separate post soon.

We had a great time and I am already looking forward to our next dinner party....which is Friendsgiving!! My favorite dinner party of the year. I designed the invitations last week and confirmed the date with all our friends. We can't wait!



3 comments:

  1. I love reading your entertaining posts! I love to entertain, I'm just bad about not planning and actually getting it done. We always do a lot at the holidays but I need to incorporate it more over the rest of the year! I love a good fair - hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Y'all throw the best themed dinners and your garland is so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting together with friends is always fun. Looks like it was a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!