Friday, March 15, 2013

I'm baaaaack

I wasn't gone long but it feels like I haven't been on here in forever!! So much has happened in the past few days between Matthew's birthday and our little road trip! (I will post about our trip to Memphis soon.)
With all that being said spring break is almost over, so so sad :(
Most of you read my post on Monday about Matthew's birthday (he enjoyed reading all the comments, btw!) and now I can finally share with y'all about what all I had planned out for us that day!!
Sunday night Matthew finally talked me into letting him have one gift at 12:00 a.m. and I was just too excited to wait any longer so I left him have his biggest gift first...



Matthew hates surprises and hates waiting. He will ask a million and one questions to find out what is going on. (hence the early birthday present) Just one of the many reason why I love my man!
I had checked the weather a few days before and it was supposed to be really nice. Well the night before I checked and it called for 100% rain.
the one time the weather man was actually right.
I woke up pretty early and put together the last little things for his presents and headed over to his house. 
I got to his house and made breakfast for him and his brothers. Nothing like some sugar breakfast to start his birthday, huh? 

After breakfast he got one of his "hint" presents. I had found an adorable idea on Pinterest and knew I had to use it on his birthday...a golfing date

The first hint was




Later I took him to lunch at Olive Garden. I didn't tell him where we were going so of course he asked where we were going about 30 times. I had fun with his questions and had him believing we were going out of town for lunch, ha!
Lunch was delicious and my view ^ was great ;)

After lunch he got his second hint...


We caught the one o'clock showing of 21 & Over
  
just in case you haven't seen the previews.
A very funny movie and the title seemed fitting since he was turning 21, right?

After the movie he got his last hint...I think by the first gift he got it, ha!

All his hints were supposed to lead us to the golfing range for him to hit some but as the weather man said 100% rain and the weather man was right so he is taking a rain check on that.

So we just headed back to his house to hangout and relax. I was having a "family dinner" that night and decided to leave his house around 5 that afternoon. 
Only I didn't go home I headed to the mall to meet his twin brothers girlfriend. I picked her up and we met another friend at good ole Dairy Queen and I picked up the ice cream cake.

Yep, you know what that means...
Surprise birthday dinner!!


Everyone got there between 6:45 and 7:00 and the birthday boys and their parents and older brother came for their "family birthday dinner" around 7:15

The birthday boys!!
 Matthew is 1 minute older than Nathan


My favorite picture :)






Despite the nasty weather it was a great day and I loved celebrating my handsome man.

3 comments:

  1. You went ALL out!!! What an awesome 21st birthday for Matthew! My favorite part was definitely the cake in his face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic birthday!!!! Cake in the face...classic. I've been the victim of that also :) I love all your little hints, I'll have to try that on my fiance someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great one! I love Olive Garden :) Is that Chicken Parmesan? I usually order it if I go, my fav!

    I wanted to invite you to our weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It starts Friday nights and runs till the end of Mondays, come link up if you have some time :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/03/weekend-meet-greet-blog-hop-18.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!