Monday, December 19, 2016


My weekend started Thursday when I left the office early to go to the doctor. I had been feeling bad a good bit of the week and ended up having a light case of strep throat...ick! So I went home after that and slept most of the afternoon. Matthew picked up my antibiotic on his way home from work and some chicken noodle soup...he's THE best!! Reagan was the best little nurse, she supplied plenty of slobbery kisses and eventually cuddles.
 I stayed home Friday as well and spent most a good portion of the day on the couch with Reagan. By Friday night I was feeling better and was able to clean around the house some. Thankfully we didn't have any plans until Saturday afternoon so I was able to rest even more! 

We hosted my mom's birthday dinner at our house this year and I had been looking forward to it for a few weeks! It was also the first time my nanny was going to see our house, also another thing I was really excited about. Matthew and I decided on the menu a couple of weeks ago and decided to do Caesar salad, spaghetti with a homemade sauce and meatballs, garlic bread and then of course, birthday cake.

Saturday afternoon I ran a couple of errands and Matthew called me and told me our power was out. I freaked out a bit because I needed to start the spaghetti sauce as soon as I got home so that it could simmer a couple of hours. Well, needless to say the power ended up being out for about 2 1/2 hours. So everything got pushed back 2 1/2 hours, but everything still turned out well!

I decided to keep the tablescapre pretty much the same as I had it for Friendsgiving, just because I love that color combo. Gold and burgundy is my new favorite! I did however, change the flowers. I did have baby's breath for friendsgiving but decided to go pick some twigs off of our holly bush since it's Christmas time. I was so happy with how it turned out that I am leaving it set like that until the end of December. Woo hoo for free centerpieces from your front yard!
 I thought about making pictures of the centerpieces after we were finished with dinner so our candles had melted down lol but I still like it!

We gave my nanny and aunt a tour of the house, thankfully it was still daylight outside so we could see since the power was still out, but it came back on at the end of our tour! So as soon as we finished showing them around I started on dinner! I should also mention that it was almost 70 degrees Saturday and very windy, so I think the wind caused the power to go out in our neighborhood and the other neighborhoods close to ours. 

After dinner we decided to take some pictures in front of our Christmas tree since everyone was together.

My family! It has grown this year by two sweet puppies :)
 Sisters with momma

 Momma and nanny
my dad

And since I knew we probably wouldn't get a good picture in front of our tree any other time...
my sweet little family!

After pictures it was time for cake and presents! I found the best candles for my mom's cake. For as long as I can remember my mom has always said that she is turning 29 again...and again, and this year she did! 

I made my mom a personalized calendar and she loved it, and so did I! I might have to make myself one, it was too cute.

We spent the rest of the night talking and before we knew it, it was time for everyone to go home. They headed home a little early because there was a storm coming and it was bringing strong winds. We were actually under a tornado watch until 3 am and then a winter weather advisory until 6 am...Tennessee weather at its finest! 

We woke up Sunday to ice! I looked like snow but was definitely ice...I realized that when I slid and fell down the slope in our backyard early Sunday morning when I was taking Reagan out :) That will definitely wake you up! Also, one thing we found out this weekend...Reagan LOVES the ice. She kept going to the door all day Sunday after we got back home. She kept whining to go out and when we would take her out to use the bathroom she didn't want to come back in. Definitely surprised us since she hates the rain lol. 

Sunday afternoon was spent in our pj's by the fire watching tv. The best day to stay inside since it was absolutely freezing outside. After church Sunday night we went to Zaxby's and then hit up a sale at Old Navy before coming back home and changing into our pj's as quickly as possible. 

It was a great weekend and I am so excited for another short work week and then Christmas!! 
My Christmas home tour will be up tomorrow...finally!


  1. Oh man, strep throat is the WORST. I'm glad you felt better so quickly! So glad you were able to still get dinner out - that would be so nerve wrecking! It looked delicious and your tablescape is beautiful! Your Sunday sounds so wonderful - glad everyone was safe!

  2. I hope you're feeling much better! I hosted my mom's birthday at my house too--it's so fun to be able to do something like that for your parents!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts


Your comments always make my day!