Friday, December 30, 2016

HIGHLIGHTS OF 2016

Just like everyone else, I can't believe 2016 is almost over. I would be lying if I said I was sad to see it go though. I am ready for a new year and praying for a healthy and happy 2017! I thought it would be fun to share some highlights from 2016 with you all!

We bought a house in January! I shared a home tour here and our moving weekend here.

Nashville experienced a "big" snow storm and we lounged around the whole weekend. It was perfect and I'll always remember that weekend with my sweet husband!

We celebrated Matthew's 24th birthday..together, with friends, and with family!

We hosted a lot in 2016! We are so thankful for our home and to be able to open up it up to our friends and family all throughout the year. So many special memories!! We hosted, a dinner party in April, Cinco de Mayo in May, Our first annual Summer Soiree in June, Red, White, and Blue BBQ in July, second annual Friendsgiving in November, and my mom's birthday in December!

I went on a girls trip with my best friends to Hilton Head, SC!

 We celebrated one whole year of marriage in our favorite place, Cookeville! 

I shared our anniversary pictures here!

Worked on SO many house projects and got so much marked off our house project list! We bought new furniture, painted our front door, painted our kitchen, painted our dining room, painted our living room, we painted our entryway and hallways (my dad did it!), painted our guest bathroom, and built a farmhouse table!!!!

 Announced we were adopting a puppy!!

WE BROUGHT OUR GIRL HOME! Hands down, one of the best weekend of 2016 for the both of us! And she has had us wrapped around her little paw every since!!!!
and now I want to go cry because she's not this small anymore

Celebrated Thanksgiving with our families and then spent the week after Thanksgiving on our anniversary trip, a cruise to Mexico!

Decorated for our first Christmas in our home!

Celebrated our second married Christmas with our families and Reagan's first Christmas!.

Goodbye 2016, 2017 please be good to us!!!!


2015 recap, part one and part two
2013 recap, part one and part two

5 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful year!! Love looking back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm okay with 2016 going too. There was a lot of good this year but so much sickness and health issues in our house (I know you can relate). We are focusing on hoping for and working towards a healthier and better 2017! You all really enjoyed your first year in your home and those are the best memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the difficulties it is fun to see all of the good of 2016- thank you for sharing!! :) Can't wait to continue to follow along in the new year and see all of the good things in store.
    Blessings, Rebecca
    www.caravansonnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had such a great year!!! New house, new puppy, new furniture/wall colors....here's to 2017 being even better!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all had an amazing 2016!! So many exciting things! I hope 2017 will be even better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!