Monday, June 6, 2016

#THECOATSHOME: NEW FURNITURE

Our new furniture delivered last week and we are loving it all.
Small note: Our house is a construction zone right now with all the painting we are trying to do right now, so just ignore the painters tape, patchy walls, clutter, and drop cloths!


First stop is the kitchen. We decided to order a new dining set. Matthew just wasn't happy with our old one and wanted something that was higher quality and that didn't wobble (I may or may not have accidentally sanded one of the legs a little too much)
It is a creamy white with brown on the top. Similar to our old one but a lot nicer. We also decided to go with the round table this time. Matthew has been wanting a round table for a long time. 

Also, check out the gray paint on that half wall!! :)

Next stop is Matthew's study. This is on your right when you walk through the front door. Matthew has talked about owning a desk like this for years, and I mean YEARS. After he gets home in the evenings he has to do a little work every now and then, but during busy season he has to work a lot, and the kitchen table just wasn't cutting it. Now he doesn't have to move everything when it's time for dinner! He picked this desk out a few months ago and we've been swooning over it every since.






This is the view from the front door. Just ignore that big ole patch on the dining room wall...removing wallpaper is no joke.

And the view from the top of the stairway. I love walking over to the top of the stairs and looking down to see him working away.

Final stop is the guest bedroom...this is will be our Tennessee room. Matthew actually picked out this bedroom set and I was 100% shocked. I love the rustic wood look but Matthew has never really been a fan of any type of rustic look, so when he kept talking about this one I was one happy wife. We both agreed this would work perfectly with our Tennessee theme we want going on in here...eventually!
Also, we bought a solid navy comforter for the bed we just hadn't put it on there before I made pictures.

We went for the night stands that had only one drawer so that I can put a small basket on the little shelf of things for our guests. I felt like they would feel more comfortable taking something out of a basket rather than opening and going through the drawers. 

I can't get over how much I love this bedroom set. 


Sorry for all the pictures, I just LOVE all the details of this furniture.




More from this series:

18 comments:

  1. Loving all your new furniture pieces! Isn't it so much fun to decorate a home? You're going to have it looking spectacular, you have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new furniture looks great! I'm loving the furniture in the guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks great!! I love the bedroom set and the dining room table is perfect! Also the grey paint looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all your new furniture!! It looks perfect in the house! Matthew's desk looks so nice and is perfect for the front room! I also love your new guest bedroom furniture! Can't wait to see how you bring the TN theme to life :) I also love the sneak peek grey walls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have gotten some beautiful new pieces. Love te bedroom set!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful new furniture! I love the kitchen table but I think that I might like that new bedroom set the most. The rustic look is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kitchen table! Actually I love it all! And I do not envy your and your wallpaper removal! I might have to hire that out if it were me haha
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks SO good! Our next table, I'm hoping will be very similar with the creamy white and brown on top. Good pick by your husband on the bedroom set! All the little details look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That kitchen set is to die for. I am totally in love with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new kitchen set so adorable :) Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the guest bedroom set and I'm usually not a fan of "rustic"! Matt's desk is quite the statement piece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, that desk is gorgeous - and i LOVE the dining set. we got one on craigslist a few years ago and i am definitely ready for its replacement - it wobbles as well haha. and that bedroom set is gorgeous, what a good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that desk, and the kitchen furniture. We've been remodelling our living room this week and we just got new couches too. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party, and I hope to see you back next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your furniture is GORGEOUS! Especially your bedroom furniture! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks wonderful. You must be so excited! Enjoy your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I love your guest room furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!