Friday, March 3, 2017

FRIDAY VOL. 9

I am ready for spring/summer! And now that it's March we are getting excited about some outside projects that we want to tackle this summer. I'm going to share some of those projects today and some inspiration!



ONE | Build a deck

We have a fenced in yard, which we are extremely grateful for, and Reagan LOVES being outside. Usually every afternoon (when it's warm and not raining. If it's raining we are out there and back in the house very quickly lol) when I get home I let her out in the backyard to go to the bathroom and to play while I get dinner started. I know that once the weather starts warming up we'll want to eat dinner out here + stay outside in the evenings while she plays. Right now we just have a big slab of concrete, and it's not the prettiest. We think the previous owners tried to paint it and it was a failed project because it looks awful lol. So last year I thought about painting it but never got around to it. I think this year we have decided to build a deck over it. Something very simple, but big enough to entertain on it and enjoy summer evenings on. I ran the idea over my dad and he's 10000% on board, as this is right up his alley lol. So I think he and Matthew could definitely knock this project out in a Saturday and I can spend a Sunday afternoon staining it! 
Here is what we're looking at...I love this tutorial and how simple it is.



TWO | Plant some flowers

We have two beautiful black planters that we bought last summer that I am excited to fill back up, but this year we want to add a few more plants. Different kinds/colors in different areas!

Here is what we're thinking
...I love this look So many bright and fun summer colors.

We have one tree in our front yard, and I would LOVE to do something like this around it



THREE | Paint our interior garage door and back door

We painted our front door the prettiest shade of blue, interior and exterior. Matthew and I both agree that painting the interior side of our front door was a great idea, so we thought it would be a good idea to paint the door that leads into our garage the same color. And since it doesn't take a lot of paint at all and I'm sure we'll still have some leftover, I think it would be fun to add some color to our back door (the exterior side) as well! Adding a pop of color to our doors by painting them is an inexpensive and fun way to give them a little upgrade.



FOUR | Paint our shutters

The last project isn't at the top of the list because it's not as important and if we don't get to it then it's not a big deal, but I would love to paint our shutters black. Right now they are a very faded dark gray, and I think the black would go really well with our front door. There are only 4 shutters so I think it would be a small and inexpensive upgrade as well. 

Here's a picture of them on the day we got the keys to our house, it's the only good picture I have of them. They are actually the color our front door used to be.


7 comments:

  1. Love that back deck project! That will look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun ideas! I really like how that built up deck looks, and the landscaping around the tree in your front yard is an awesome idea! What a great place to plant some flowers and liven up your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your house upgrade ideas! Y'all definitely need that deck - love that idea! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have some great projects planned - all seem doable, too! Definitely could see the shutters going black - that would look really sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun projects! Can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!