Monday, March 20, 2017


I am welcoming spring with open arms and temperatures in the high 70's!!

Thursday night we took Reagan to PetSmart to pick out a couple of toys and to buy an e-collar for after her surgery.

Friday morning I dropped her off bright and early at the vet's office, and they called around 10:45 and said she was out of surgery and did great. Matthew met me at the vet's office when we got off to pick her up and she was p-i-t-i-f-u-l. Poor girl was still very droopy from the anesthesia and was in a good bit of pain. She was not a fan of the cone and kept trying to push it off with her paws. She didn't want to lay down with the cone on and would just fall asleep standing up. 

Since Matthew had to work Saturday morning, I decided to sleep downstairs with her Friday night, and around 2:00am she finally pushed her cone off with her paws so I pretty much held her the rest of the night so she wouldn't lick or scratch at her incision area. It was a long night for the both of us. I lost count of how many episodes of My Lottery Dream Home on HGTV I sleepily watched until the infomercials came on lol.

Saturday morning after her next dose of pain medicine she seemed to relax a little which meant we both could doze off for about 30 minutes at a time. Matthew got home from work and we took it easy the rest of the day. I was hoping to get some things around the house done this weekend, since I thought she would just lay around and sleep. but girl was in complete "hold me mode" so we got in a lot of (sleepy) down time this weekend, which was actually pretty nice.

Thankfully by Sunday afternoon she was feeling somewhat better and was actually able to play a little bit outside (just walk around and roll around in the grass on her back lol). 

My MIL suggested that we buy a baby onesie and put it on her so she doesn't have to wear the cone and we wouldn't have to worry about her licking the incision area, and it worked! It was also pretty adorable and we could not stop laughing at how she looked in a baby onesie. When we first put it on her I guess she thought she couldn't move because she just laid there on her back with her paws in the air looking at us like we were crazy lol. She finally got the hang of it though! It definitely helped her sleep through the night a little more compared the when she had to sleep with the cone on.

and that was pretty much our weekend! I only left the house to pick up groceries and church lol. Can't say that I was complaining about the down time too much, but we are more than ready for our girl to feel better again!


  1. Glad the surgery went well! The onesie was a great [and adorable] idea!

  2. Awww poor Reagan! I'm so glad she's doing better! Love the onsie idea - so funny!

  3. Poor thing! That onesie is just too cute, though!


Your comments always make my day!