Friday, August 24, 2018

5 ON FRIDAY | AMAZON FAVORITES

We are huge fans of Amazon Prime over here. We buy a variety of things on Amazon and most of the time, because of extensive research on our ends, we love our purchases. So I thought I would share a few recent Amazon favorites with you today.

As soon as we moved back into our house after having our floors done Matthew suggested that we buy a robotic vacuum. I was very hesitant about this at first. I thought it was silly to have a robotic vacuum when I could easily sweep and vacuum myself. Matthew was very intrigued (the tech side of it) and kept bringing it up not so casually in our conversations. I tried to get him to wait until Black Friday, because I was sure there would be some good sales on them around that time. Well being the researcher that he is, he found one on an Amazon Warehouse deal that was around half the original price. So we agreed that we probably wouldn't get it for much less than that on Black Friday and pulled the trigger. I have to say that it is probably one of the best purchases we have made in 2018! I absolutely LOVE it and gave Matthew full rights to say "told you so". It connects with an app on our phones and all we have to do is open the app and push start. When it's finished it will send us a cleaning summary and it's a blue print of the area it covered. I usually start it while I'm working at home or while we're outside. I should also add that Matthew has named him Arvie. 
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE Y'ALL. 

Matthew surprised me with this a couple of weeks ago and I have already lost count how many times I have used this. We buy block cheese and shred it ourselves (cheaper and better for you!) and our regular grater made a mess and and eventually broke. This thing is so handy and makes shredding cheese a lot easier. I have sliced some potatoes really thinly to make potato wedge fries too. Best part, it can all go in the dishwasher for an easy cleanup!



We got one for our front door and one for our back door and LOVE them. The colors go so well with our decor and look beautiful against our new dark hardwood. It's not too much color, but just enough. I can't take credit for this though, Matthew picked them out. We have tossed around the idea of getting the runner size for our hallway upstairs, too! We put these on the bottom to keep the rugs from sliding.


I have heard a ton of good things about this make up "eraser" form different beauty/lifestyle bloggers and vloggers, so when I found it on sale a few months ago for $12.99 shipped, I decided to try it out. It works really, really well! It takes off my waterproof mascara so quickly. I don't have to rub each eye for 60 minutes to get it all off either. Disposable make up wipe removers never did that for me. All I have to do it use a little warm water on this and it does the trick. I have tested it a few times and used my toner on a cotton pad after taking off my make up and the cotton pad was clean. Like I said, I just use warm water with it and rub my make up off. After that I wash my face with my face cleaner and rinse my face off with water and my hands. I use it during the week and usually wash it on Fridays. When it goes back on sale I might grab another one to have one to use while one is in the wash.


I have made soups and sauces in this and LOVE it. It's hard enamel and nonstick, so basically it's perfect. I love the Marine Blue shade too!

Now tell me, what are some of your recent Amazon purchases that you just loved?!

3 comments:

  1. So many good purchases! I love the name of the brand of your vacuum - it really is neato! That magic make up eraser seems like it would make a great stocking stuffer for Christmas. And I am on the hunt myself for some rugs like that! Super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen's parents have a robot. Her name is Judy. They named her after Stephen's grandma, Judy, because she's always roaming around, not really sure what she's doing, what she's getting herself into. She (the robot) is running when I drop the girls off in the mornings. The first thing out of their mouths when we walk through the door are "GO HOME JUDY!" (to the robot) because she (the robot) mildly scares them. It's a good time for all except Judy (the grandma). HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about that makeup remover - I might have to look into it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!