Monday, August 13, 2018

WEEKEND RECAP | COUNTY FAIR 2018


Matthew wanted to cook dinner on Friday night...ladies listen when your husband says he wants to make dinner (on a Friday night!!!!) you LET him! He created a 'Surf & Turf' meal and it was delicious! Steak and crab cakes....might just be my new favorite meal. It was delicious! We ate dinner and then watched a movie...perfect date night at home.

Saturday we had a lazy and slow morning around the house before making a run to Sam's Club for some items to stock up on. We headed to Cookeville early Saturday afternoon to hangout with Ethan and Rachel for the rest of the day. We ate lunch at a local place, Crawdaddy's, and it was just as good as I remember. I had crab cakes, again, and some roasted red potatoes! Later we went to the Putnam County Fair and got the full fair experience. Monster trucks, fair food, crowds and all!

Reagan and Lincoln got some play time in too during our visit!


Sunday after church we went to lunch with some friends to a local Irish Pub. I haven't been to many Irish Pub's, but this one had pretty good food. We tried Scotch Eggs for the first time and they were actually really good!

Sunday afternoon I cleaned out, deep cleaned, and organized our refrigerator and freezer. While Matthew cooked dinner Friday night I did the same to our pantry! They all definitely needed it and it feels so good to have everything organized and cleaned out. I have been craving vegetable soup so I made a huge pot of it for the week! 


3 comments:

  1. The fair sounds so fun! And that meal looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to fairs! Sounds like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend!! So sweet of Matthew to cook for y'all and it looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!