Friday, August 10, 2018

6 ON FRIDAY!


| ONE | 
This past Tuesday my company organized and supported a Service Day. There were a couple of different places to volunteer at, but I chose Thistle Farms. Thistle Farms serves women who have experienced abuse, addiction, prostitution, sex trafficking, and homelessness, and provides rehabilitation and employment. It was a great morning serving along side of my co-workers and these strong women who have overcome so much. Thistle Farms has a cafe as well, so if you are ever in the area check it out!
 The cafe had the prettiest display of tea cups hanging from the ceiling. When Thistle Farms cafe was just beginning they put out a call for tea cup donations and they received hundreds of boxes full of mix matched tea cups from all over the world. Absolutely incredible to see the act of love and kindness through these tea cups.
Their mission...

"Thistle Farms' mission is to HEAL, EMPOWER, AND EMPLOY women survivors of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction. We do this by providing safe and supportive housing, the opportunity for economic independence, and a strong community of advocates and partners.  

We believe that in the end, love is the most powerful force for change in the world."
You can shop all their products (all natural ingredients),that are made, right here in Nashville, here. Their products are also now in Whole Foods around the country. 


| TWO | 
My dad and I love succulents. So when I came across this wreath I had to share it with him. Now if we could just convince the shop owner to accept the $200 in Monopoly cash.


| THREE | 
On the topic of succulents, Amazon had a sale on their boxed succulents a couple of weeks ago. I scooped up a box of 12 ASAP and have been loving them. They were on sale for 50% off, so if you are wanting to purchase these at a good price, I would recommend waiting until they went on sale again. I was HIGHLY impressed with the packaging, the shape they arrived in (they looked perfect), and the variety of different ones. I am going to give my dad a couple of these, too! Okay, enough about mine and my dad's succulent obsession...moving on!


| FOUR |
My MIL introduced me to Hoopla a long time ago and I just recently downloaded it and started using it. Needless to say, I am obsessed! I have almost finished listening to my first downloaded book and I have already "checked out" another book. I've also saved about 10 other books to listen to over the next few months. I have heard many great things about Audible, but I didn't want to pay for another service. Hoopla is free and it has music, movies, Ebooks, and Audiobooks on there that you can "check out" as well! I just introduced my dad to this app and he has already found a few books to listen to. 
Here are the two books I have "checked out" and you can see the heart with the 10 in it showing my saved books. You can check out up to 10 books at a time. 


| FIVE | 
My girl and her underbite.


| SIX |
My two youngest sisters went back to school this week. I got the first-day-of-school pictures from my mom. Last first day of middle school (8th grade) and first day of high school (9th grade)....all the feels.

Have a great weekend! 


3 comments:

  1. Thistle Farms sounds like such a cool place with a great mission. I’m glad you got a chance to visit and serve there. I need to check out Hoopla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your company did that! What a great way to spend the day blessing others! Girl, wash your face is on my to-read list. I love the idea of listening to audio books but for some reason I can't concentrate. I need to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so neat your company did a service day - that is definitely something I have been wishing mine would do! That place sounds wonderful, and those teacups are AWESOME! What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!