Friday, August 31, 2018

TRAVELING WITH A DOG | PACKING LIST


We don't live in the same town as any of our family, however, we are really lucky and live about 45 minutes from both of our parent's house. We go back "home" for the day or the whole weekend quite often to visit family and friends and having a bag packed and ready for Reagan helps us out so much...of course we take her with us!
 I'll share what we keep in this bag at all times, what we add to it right before we walk out the door, and other travel necessities for our fluffy girl.

I like to keep things in her bag at all times so I'm not running around trying to pack a travel bag for her and ourselves. 


| IN THE BAG AT ALL TIMES |
Having a dispenser with a leash clip comes in handy when you travel. I usually just make sure the dispenser has enough waste bags in it to get us through our trip and that's all I bring. If you wanted to be extra cautious, throw a new roll of waste bags in your bag.

- Ziplock bag with treats
Reagan is a fan or her treats and most definitely expects one when she comes back inside from using the bathroom. 

We keep a cheap, small water and food bowl in her travel bag at all times. That way we don't have to remember to pack her set from the house. 

- Extra collar and leash
Normally we use a harness on Reagan, but I like to keep an extra leash and collar in her bag, just in case one were to break while we were traveling. 

- Baby Wipes
Baby wipes for muddy paws, to wipe her mouth if she were to get sick, etc.

- Toys
I like to keep 2-3 of Reagan's toys in her bag so that when we go somewhere she has them. If we go to someone's house for the weekend and leave her in her travel crate while we go to dinner or out for an event, I like to put a toy that she is familiar with in her travel crate with her.

- Small Blanket
I keep a small blanket in her bag for the same reason as the toys. She lays on it in her travel crate and it's something she is familiar with. I have found these for around $5 or less at Wal-Mart

- Medication
If we are going on a long car trip, then I pack Reagan's car sickness medicine. If your dog has to take medicine, put enough for your trip in a ziplock bag and throw in your travel bag. 



| WHAT WE ADD RIGHT BEFORE WE LEAVE |
I absolutely LOVE these containers and they are under $5! We keep dog food in this while we travel. It has never spilled and has always worked so well for us. Reagan doesn't not eat a lot, so as long as it's half way full, it will last us a weekend or for a long weekend trip. 

- Harness and retractable leash



| OTHER TRAVEL NECESSITIES |
This crate is very similar to the one we have. It it very easy to put together and take down. It packs pretty flat, so I usually just keep it in the trunk of my car for when needed. Reagan is 8lbs, but we made sure to get the larger size travel crate so that she would have plenty of room to stretch out. 

We got this for longer trips or for when I am driving solo. Reagan isn't a huge fan of it, as she would rather just sit in my lap (#spoiled), but it works well for when we need it. We especially like this one because it's tall enough where she can see out the window in the backseat while buckled in to it. Shout-out to my MIL for the recommendation on this one and the travel crate! 


1 comment:

  1. What a little doll baby! Great list! Hope y'all have the best weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!