Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Love you long time

Happy Tuesday!
Instead of writing a weekend recap I actually wanted to pop in here for a minute and talk about my hard-working, handsome boyfriend, Matthew.
 
Yep. This guy right here.
I know, I know, I just heard you say, "daaaang"
Can't say that I blame you! :)
 
 
I admit, I brag about him all the time and I know it goes without saying how much I love this man.
 
However, I just wanted to brag a little bit more on him today.
Matthew is in his last semester as an undergrad student. He will be walking across the stage in less than 3 months to receive his diploma he has worked so hard for.
Oh, did I mention he is graduating a SEMESTER EARLY? Matthew has somehow juggled being a full time student, working part time on campus, a summer internship, attending events regularly with our college ministry, being a member of Beta Alpha Psi, playing intramurals and on top of all that being an caring and thoughtful boyfriend.
I really don't see how he does it but he does and I never hear him complain.

Most night he fixes us dinner or meets me before my night class with dinner because I don't get off until 5:30 and we are usually starving by 5 and have somewhere to be by 6 or 7. He goes to the store with me late because I just have to get a few things. He waits patiently for my nails to dry before we can go somewhere. He goes along with my CRAZY ideas. He takes about a million pictures with me, just because. He dresses up and still takes me on dates around town. He still, every single time we go somewhere, opens my car door for me. He helps me with my homework. He listens to me, whether it be complaining about girl things or just having a conversation about my day, he listens to me. He keeps me laughing nonstop with his corny jokes and quirky ways. Love you long time, Matthew.
 
Matthew is SO dedicated to his major, I have never met someone who likes school much, if we are being honest, I'm a little jealous of his love for his major and school, ha! He plans so well for the future, from internships to actual jobs. He makes an excel spreadsheet for everything. He dedicates certain times for studying and for homework all while he takes on everything else.
 
Back in the summer the youth minister from our church back at home asked Matthew to speak at Short Mountain Bible Camp while the youth group was there. Matthew made up a lesson that was scripturally based and spoke to about 100 kids and the chaperons. This past Sunday night he did another lesson to a large group of college students. He takes time and everything comes from scripture.
 
Words can't describe how proud of Matthew. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful example of what a Christ like God fearing man should be as a boyfriend. He practices patience and gentleness while still remaining strong and masculine. He is what God intended men to be like. He is the depiction of an outstanding boyfriend and leader. You might say I'm his biggest fan, and I am truly honored and humbled to call him my boyfriend.  
I love everything about you, Matthew

1 comment:

Your comments always make my day!