Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Weather Channel - Pictures



I don't know about y'all but every now and then when we get a little slow at work I like to browse the web and see what's new. I look at news articles, read up on blogs, and I always find myself going to The Weather Channel's website. They have a section on their website of "Photos"
They have different categories to look at and I end up looking at them allllllllll.
They have the picture and then where it's at up under the picture and then a little history behind it below that. Call me a nerd but I love looking at these pictures and seeing/reading about what is out there!!

Here are a few I pulled from their website...
Thor's Well at Cape Perpetua on the Oregon Coast. (Flickr/Bill Young) 

Near the city of Morondava in western Madagascar lies a surreal forest of majestic baobab trees, jewels of the island country’s landscape. Tourists flock to this famed road, a protected zone, where the baobab, often called the 'upside down tree,' reaches a height of up to 80 feet tall and are up to 800 years old. (ALINE RANAIVOSON/AFP/Getty Images) 

The Wave is a tumult of striped, fossilized dunes that look like petrified surf hidden away in Coyote Buttes in the Paria Canyon-Vermilion Cliffs Wilderness, near the Arizona-Utah border. It is famous among hikers and photographers for its colorful, undulating forms, and the rugged, trackless hike required to reach it. (Thinkstock) 

Planted in the 18th century, the Dark Hedges is a tunnel created by intertwined beech trees that were planted in the 18th-century. (Flickr/kanbron) 

The Marble Caves (Cuevas de Mármol) are located on a peninsula of solid marble bordering Lake General Carrera, a remote glacial lake that spans the Chile-Argentina border, according to Atlas Obscura. The patterns that give the marbleized effect were caused by 6000 years of wave erosion. (Flickr/jvieras) 
Seriously, can y'all imagine visiting these places?? Or even better, photographing them?! 
It's a little hard for me to imagine that these places even exist because I have never seen anything like this, but they do, and now I want to travel the world and see them all!!
 It's crazy to me that people can see this and still believe there isn't a God. So crazy.
So if you get bored today go check out the rest of these pictures!!
Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love looking through the photo section of National Geographic's monthly feature. They are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so incredible. That tree funnel is making me want to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I didn't know the Weather Channel had a photo section of their site- I'll have to remember that for when I'm bored at the office too hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!