Friday, March 18, 2016

FRIDAY NO. 10

I can't believe this is my 10th Friday post!! I've only missed 2 Fridays so far this year, the 1st Friday of the year because I was packing and the fourth Friday of this year because a snow day (which was also spent packing!) So that means there have already been 12 Fridays in 2016 so far...crazy to think it's already the middle of March!!


After reading MANY reviews, I recently purchased this under eye concealer, and I LOVE IT! For the past 2+ years I've used Boing under eye concealer and I loved it, but it wasn't lasting all day like I need my concealer to. If we were going somewhere after work then I would have to apply more concealer, and I was going through so much! It's such a small container to begin with, so it was lasting me anywhere from a month to a month and a half.

 If you are in need of a new under eye concealer then check this one out!! I bought it in the light shade to act as a under eye brightener as well as a concealer. It lasts all day and I love the way it covers my dark circles!! SO good, and it doesn't take much at all.



As I shared on my Instagram the other night, free cone day at Dairy Queen prompted a spontaneous ice cream date night, and a late one at that! If you know us then you know we are usually in the bed between 9:00-9:45ish on work nights lol.


We had breakfast for dinner the other night and I ended up making a lot of food on accident lol. I ended up making waffles, cheese biscuits, eggs, and bacon. There was no way we could eat all that so leftovers were used for breakfast. We love our waffle maker!!

Matthew's firm gifted us with this amazing Ninja as a wedding present. It is so large so at our apartment it was housed in a closet because we just didn't have enough room for all of our wonderful appliances. Well now that we have more room we are able to use all of them and I've been using it to make smoothies. OH.MY.GOODNESS. y'all, this thing is incredible. I can't believe we are just now using it so much. If you don't have one, and you use a blender often, do yourself a favor and purchase one ASAP. That is a pineapple and strawberry smoothie. A tip from my MIL, use VANILLA almond milk in smoothies. I'm not a milk person any mean, but vanilla almond milk is delicious!

Our sweet little old neighbor, Mrs. Colleen, came over to meet us last night and brought us over some homemade potato salad and a pie she just finished baking. She is the sweetest little lady and I am so excited to get to know her better. We are SO blessed with the sweetest neighbors!! We really do love our neighborhood.

The tree in our yard bloomed this past week with all the warm weather we've been having and I LOVE IT! Even if it does stink and make my eyes water lol. I told Matthew last night I don't know if I've ever been this excited about a tree before, but seeing it makes me so happy because it's OUR tree. Not our parent's tree, not our apartment complexes' tree, but OUR tree. We own a tree :)


I just love it!

9 comments:

  1. We got a waffle maker as a wedding present too and from now on, that is what I'll be giving as a gift!!! We use it all the time and I've come up with some pretty creative waffle recipes :) I may or may not be jealous of your ninja!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast for dinner sounds so yummy & I love making smoothies once the weather gets warmer too! How sweet of your neighbor :) We have a tree exactly like that that bloomed this week and it makes me so happy looking at it too! There's not much better than owning your own home with your husband :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear we aren't the only ones in bed around 9:30! We were supposed to go for free ice cream at DQ but Stephen wanted a milkshake so we ended up at Chick-fil-a lol Oh my goodness, your tree is BEAUTIFUL! Spring has arrived at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN for the Ninja! I LOOOOOVE ours! I use vanilla almond milk in my smoothies, greek yogurt and then whatever fruit I'm feeling that day. SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We LOVE our waffle maker, too! Speaking of...I think we need some waffles this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love breakfast for dinner! I could eat breakfast for every meal too haha! And your new neighbor is so precious!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love breakfast for dinner too! So yummy. Your spring tree and that gorgeous sunset view look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you like Belgian waffles, Krusteaz makes an amazing mix. And it's totally normal to get excited about things like a tree blooming. I love (and hate) that we have to shovel the driveway because it's ours.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments always make my day!